cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom 5510 problems

N/A

Zoom 5510 problems

i cant get my modem to work properly on windows XP, it was fine on 98 but i keep getting a gausb blue screen of death sometimes on windows XP,

are there any XP drivers about please?
also i can only connect on my 2nd try i cant establish connection on first time i perss connect
6 REPLIES
espresso_mick
Grafter

RE: Zoom 5510 problems

I am using XP Professional. I have the same modem as you and it works perfectly.

Did you do an upgrade from Win98 to XP?

Have you tried re-installing the drivers from the CD you got with your modem?

Uninstall your drivers. Then unplug your modem.

Re-install the drivers and then plug in the modem when it asks for it.

Here is the link for the page with the XP drivers but it is the same version that will be on the CD numbered PN:289-00083-B.

http://www.zoom.com/ts1/adsl_5510.shtml#drivers
N/A

Use the Wan Driver from the CD under winxp not the ATM one

Also set up youre connection as a 64k Digital Ie ISDN from Dial up networking and all should be ok

Also when the control panel is working if you right click somewhere around the bottom right hand side of the panel (do this a number of times) you will be presented with additional buttons the restart one is very handy enabling you to perform a software restart

This will work !!!!

Cheers

Jim

--
very funny Mr Spock ! Now beam me down my clothes !
espresso_mick
Grafter

Using the WAN driver just reported a higher connection speed in the system tray for me. I'm using the ATM driver with no problems and full speed.

Don't know why you'd want to set it up as a ISDN and also that control panel thing......where are you on about? The configuration control panel I have only has an EXIT button at the bottom right. Why dont you just right click on your connection, select properties and disable it?

N/A

Setting up a Zoom modem is somewhat problematic many user have experianceed problems with the ATM driver hence using the WAN driver (as recommended by plusnet support) with ATM driver you can get USB fatel USB errors causing the system to hang with the blue screen of death the reported speed with the WAN driver is correct and not correct with the ATM driver.

Also when you set up the DUN connection choose the ISDN or leased line option this avoids any setup hassles with XP's built in broadband connection which is not supported in the UK.

The additional buttons in the control panel can be got at by repeat clicking (right and left mouse button alternating) in the space oposite the globespan logo they allow you to reset the modem should say the line training fail etc etc without having to reboot. They also allow you to see the line attenuation and signal to noise ratio amoung other things.

And may I suggest that you use a little less attitude when you reply to a post it really grips me when people give help for free only to have some smart ass come back with a comment that proves they have no knowledge of the problem.

Its nice to be nice !!!

Jim

--
very funny Mr Spock ! Now beam me down my clothes !
espresso_mick
Grafter

> And may I suggest that you use a little less attitude when you reply to a post it really grips me when people give help for free only to have some smart ass come back with a comment that proves they have no knowledge of the problem.>

Chill chill.

What attitude?

Your comments came across as though you MUST do the things you say, when I know that you don't have to.
N/A

>
> > And may I suggest that you use a little less attitude when you reply to a post it really grips me when people give help for free only to have some smart ass come back with a comment that proves they have no knowledge of the problem.>
>
> Chill chill.
>
> What attitude?
>
> Your comments came across as though you MUST do the things you say, when I know that you don't have to.
>
No you dont have to but you missed the point there are situations that a simple diconnect will not work !!!!!