cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom 5510 USB ADSL modem crashing XP

N/A

Zoom 5510 USB ADSL modem crashing XP

For any of you with problems with this modem crashing XP - I've just had an update from Hayes technical support.

The file you want is ZOOM5510-1.12.0019Q UK.zip. It uses the ISDN channel instead of the ATM driver in the driver on the install disk.

I don't know if this is available from their website. But if you contact eurotech@hayes.co.uk and tell them your problem - they will send you this driver.

I have rebooted, hiberated 10-15 times and not had the blue screen of death at all. And it always states connection at 576Kbps too - rather than 288Kbps as it did before.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Zoom 5510 USB ADSL modem crashing XP

In fact if you go to their website - the file can be downloaded there:

http://www.zoomtel.com/ts1/drivers/5510-72_v1.12.0019Q.exe

> For any of you with problems with this modem crashing XP - I've just had an update from Hayes technical support.
>
> The file you want is ZOOM5510-1.12.0019Q UK.zip. It uses the ISDN channel instead of the ATM driver in the driver on the install disk.
>
> I don't know if this is available from their website. But if you contact eurotech@hayes.co.uk and tell them your problem - they will send you this driver.
>
> I have rebooted, hiberated 10-15 times and not had the blue screen of death at all. And it always states connection at 576Kbps too - rather than 288Kbps as it did before.

N/A

Im gonna go download this and give it a try. I'm sick fed up of XP crashing with my Zoom modem.
--
The wise man mocks the mocked, The mocked man mocks the mocker.....
N/A

These drivers seem to work fine - no crashes since installing them. My adsl connection also feels a bit more responsive but i dont know for sure whether it is the new drivers that have done it.
--
N/A

Hi,

I have had the same issue, however, Hayes have sent me the new drivers on CDROM as well as emailed me the drivers. When I connect using the ISDN WAN driver, I cannot connect at all. Is this what you use...? if so what are your settings...? basically the modem comes back with it cannot make a PPP connection altough all the setting seem to be correct.

If you are not using the WAN driver, but the ATM, then I still get the BSOD...!

any help would be appreicated.
espresso_mick
Grafter

Have to say I've never crashed. I have that modem and XP Professional and I have been using the drivers that came on the disk for about a month now with no problems.
N/A

I use the WAN driver also. I think the only thing i had to change was the phone number, which i changed to p.38

I did also have some usb probs when i first installed the drivers. After i restarted i had to disconnect and reconnect the modem a few times before my connection would synch
--