cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneAlarm disables WipTech

gosforth
Grafter

ZoneAlarm disables WipTech

I am running Windows 2000 pro. After intalling the SP3 patch ZoneAlarm stops WipTech connecting. It does not produce any alerts either. If I turn ZoneAlarm off I can connect OK. The connection remains OK if I run ZoneAlarm after the connection has been made.

Has anybody got any ideas what to do?

Chris
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ZoneAlarm disables WipTech

> I am running Windows 2000 pro. After intalling the SP3 patch ZoneAlarm stops WipTech connecting. It does not produce any alerts either. If I turn ZoneAlarm off I can connect OK. The connection remains OK if I run ZoneAlarm after the connection has been made.
>
> Has anybody got any ideas what to do?
>
> Chris

Yep,
get rid of it and use Norton personal firewall.
Brickinit
Grafter

> I am running Windows 2000 pro. After intalling the SP3 patch ZoneAlarm stops WipTech connecting. It does not produce any alerts either. If I turn ZoneAlarm off I can connect OK. The connection remains OK if I run ZoneAlarm after the connection has been made.
>
> Has anybody got any ideas what to do?

hi chris
if you are looking for another free firewall
you could try Outpost,i have been running it for about a year now with know problems it also stops banners and spyware wich i'm sure you will agree is very useful you can get it from www.agnitum.com just follow it for the free download

malc

gosforth
Grafter

Thanks for this Malc. I have installed the free version of outpost which works fine. I am also pleased with the additional features. Bye bye ZoneAlarm!
Chris