cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneAlarm Pro and plusnet login problems

martinrowe
Grafter

I have ZoneAlarm pro installed and find that when it is running I have to log in 2-3 times to read email as I keep getting logged out. Does anyone else have this problem and how can I change the settings to stop this happening ? Thanks.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there. .

I'm not sure that its zone alarm thats logging you out and its more likely the portal timeout that is doing it. As the portal holds your private details, as a security measure, it will log you out after a period of in-activity and theres no way of avoiding it.

This can be a pain if your using the mailbox function.
You may wish to construct a reply in notepad and then copy and paste the reply when logged into the mailbox, thus avoiding the effects of the timeout.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Andrew Moxon
Customer Support Team
Community Veteran

One way to prove this, disable ZA and see if it keep happening.

Also if you are running ZA Pro v5, ditch it and go back to v4.5 as v5 has way too many issues for it to have ever been released.
N/A

hi

i also had the same firewall as u and experienced the same problems, reverted back to black ice ( > all ) and the disconnections stopped
lowry
Grafter

I agree with Peter here. I have had trouble with ZA in the past and the latest version 5.0 persuaded me to look elsewhere. I now use Sygate personal firewall instead and all those little niggly problems that I had experienced when I used ZA have disappeared - great!

matt Wink
martinrowe
Grafter

Thanks for the advice. I think ZoneAlarm is to blame. I have not upgraded it from 4.5 to 5.0 as I am aware there are some issues.

I may try Sygate out or wait until Service Pack 2 comes out and use the improved Windows firewall.
N/A

One way to prove this, disable ZA and see if it keep happening.

Also if you are running ZA Pro v5, ditch it and go back to v4.5 as v5 has way too many issues for it to have ever been released.

Intresting Peter i'm using ZA Pro version 5.0.590.015 and haven't had any problems at all.
Community Veteran

Lucky you, you must be one and the famous few who have not seen a problem. Touch wood it continues for you Wink
keithcalder
Grafter

I am using version 5 as well, never had any probs with zonealarm at all. Smiley