Did you mean: 

Your High-speed Broadband Service

namtab
Grafter

"Your current broadband speed is 1500 Kbps

What does this speed mean?
This is the speed that the network supplier is telling us you should expect on your line. If your hardware is reporting higher speeds, you can try and automatically update this speed by disconnecting and reconnecting once a day for 3 days".

I have been on 8mg since May, probs all the way, my speed has constantly been downgraded and now as you can see all i can get is 1500kps worse than when i was on 2mb!, when will it stop can i expect to be on 56k by xmas! I know im not the only one to have these probs with max but when things get so bad that the new service is worse than the one it replaces why cant pnet automaticly put people like me back on 2mg? :twisted:
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Unfortunatly with MaxDSL can bring some people a speed drecrese rather than an increase, in this instance I'd recommend that you raise a ticket to request that you get regraded back to IPstream 2000 as you are experiencing slower speeds with MaxDSL that before you were moved.
namtab
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Andy, I will raise a ticket with pnet
shellsong
Grafter

have you got some recent line stats so we might be able to figure out what's going on with your connection?
namtab
Grafter

Hi,in the last 6 weeks i was stable at,
448kps up
3500kps down
26db up
12db down
In the last week this has been,
448 up
2100 down
24db up
14db down,
when first maxed i was at 448,5200,26,6.
shellsong
Grafter

Looks as though there oughtn't to be anything to stop you running with about 5Mbps again if the BT equipment can be made to hold at 6dB SNR-- I wonder what made it go and play excessively safe if the connection held stable at that level for an extended period?

If it wasn't too stable at 6dB maybe 9dB would be a goer which would give just under 4Mbps-- it's a pity it can't be tweaked like ADSL2+