cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have to love +net's sense of (bad) timing

N/A

Anyone else laughing at the poor timing of +net's provisioning service. When I applied for the upgrade I was told that it usually takes 7-10 days and true to their word this was re-confirmed on the 02-05-03 by the ticket when provisioning was executed. After many more tickets and plain silence for a number of days and don’t forget no ADSL service either, I have been told today that my new improved upgrade service will be provisioned on the 21st of May 2003. Now the way I see it, is that counting calendar days that gives me 19, double the stated number of days as I was first promised. Ok, ok I admit they are obviously counting working days, but hold on that still gives me 13 days so where is the 7-10 days as promised. So all this time I have to use dial up at my own cost whilst still having to pay a full month for an ADSL service that I don’t have, come on plusnet, be fair to your loyal customers.

No lets just see, who of you out there also feels a tad like you are dropping your trousers? I have several friends with other providers who received their upgrades in 3-5 days. Why do we have to wait so long for what surely can’t be such a complicated procedure, if other suppliers can manage to have a speedy process?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: You have to love +net's sense of (bad) timing

These dates come from BT, and are relayed to you by +net. BT Have been famous for this, though the ability to take money is imcecable.
N/A

RE: You have to love +net's sense of (bad) timing

> These dates come from BT, and are relayed to you by +net. BT Have been famous for this, though the ability to take money is imcecable.

So how come other suppliers don't have the same problem? Most can deliver within 5 days.
--
Reset
N/A

My point exactly...
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Folks,

These dates are provided by BT I'm afraid. It seems they have been a little stung by provisioning request for these products following the Mayt 1st Price drops.

To be honest, I'm surprised that other ISPs are not having the same problems provisioning IPStream based 20:1 products. I would be happy to discuss this with BT. Another ISP name who are not in this position would help though.

Ian
N/A

I've read posts on other forums that indicate provisioning times are extending. Guess it depends on how busy they are in your area.