cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can see why they pushed annual accounts instead of mnthy

N/A

By which I mean - when the whole 'new account structure' thing came along earlier in the year, and even existing customers were essentially 'pushed' from monthly onto annual

now suddently theres performance problems - pipe issues - BT issues being forwarded to plusnet customers rather than resolved...

And hey - all the customers are on annual contracts to have to just sit and hope someone starts solving issues from 3rd partys rather than just forwarding them onto p.net messageboards...
4 REPLIES
N/A

You have me confused?

PlusNet did not force anybody onto any contract. This was by user choice, if they wanted Anual or Monthly.

Not entirly sure what you are trying to get at there.
Community Veteran

I'm also confused - perhaps the original poster can expand or explain their comments in more detail so others can understand what they are on about?

As Philip says, no-one forced or pushed anyone to change to an annual contract, it was still the cusomers choice which contract they chose.

now suddently theres performance problems - pipe issues - BT issues being forwarded to plusnet customers rather than resolved...

Not sure I follow what you are getting at here. I'm guessing your refering to the load balancing problem that BT have which they have not been able to solve yet. Plusnet have enabled 2 155Mb pipes to try to help with this situation and are actively trying to manually load balance the pipes during the day but ultimately it is BT's problem to solve as it is their responsibility for load balancing the pipes between the BT network and PlusNets network.

Also FYI any customer on the new broadband home products who have an annual contract and no deferred payment options (like activation & hardware) can terminate it with 30 days notice and a £14.99 payment.
N/A

You will not get any joy here my friend.

My connection is good all day and up and down like a yoyo come the night, that is until around 9:30 to 10:00 when it is good again. The ONLY pattern is that when I lose connection Plus net are busy. Now isn’t that strange Wink

I have tried investigating just about everything on my system to sort it my end but to no avail. The advice I got from Plus Net was the it was the Street lights. I spoke to the local Council Engineering department and they fell off their chairs laughing. He asked what I intended to do when they switched on the Christmas lights.

Just make a note in your diary as I have done 7months of rubbish ISP to go
N/A

Well, let the coucil fall about laughing, just remember your laughing back at and not with them.

Christmas time is always the busienss time for PlusNet suppot, because of the fact (100% genuine) that christmas tree lights can cause these problems.

Some of the ones I have seen myself include Xmas decorations, heating thermostats, doorbells, sodium street lighting, outdoor floodlights, TV's and even the kettle.

I have seen other reports of next-door neigbours low-voltage garden lighting also causing this.

All electical devices create RF. Those with transformers or high voltage relays do so more.

As ADSL works on AM (LW/MW) frequencies on copper, it is suceptible to interfearance from any devices that creates it.

As you have reported, it is a pretty consistant problem, occuring at the same times. When you have a consistant map of when this happens like you have, you know where you can start looking to rule it out.

Just remember next time you are laughed at, to ask yourself if they have a degree in telecomunications. I very much doubt it, so they mustn;t know what they are laughing at.

PlusNet do not control the things listed above. They dont' even control the cable between you and the exchange. As such, local interferance is 100% out of there control, and something that will happen regardless of the ISP you are with.

If you want proof, there is one method of prooving it. Follow the BT Speed tester Tutorial in the Tutorial & FAQ forum. If you start to see problems around the same times you normaly do, then you have proof that there is nothing PlusNet can do to cure it.