cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can have a faster service in 5 days

N/A

So PlusNet's advert says........so why has it taken 10 days so far and now a ticket saying it will be looked into on the 15th, Fifteen days total at the mo'. Took the 14.99 straight away tho'

Mmmmmmmmmmm Strange me thinks
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

lift the rock you under and look at the ISP review/ADSL sites. BT reduced the limits so anyone that couldn't get ADSL before probablly now can, so they only work as fast as there engineers who will be doing lots of upgrades and initial installations for new customers, so yes its going to take longer.

Thats why I'm waiting until the end of the month to upgrade my conenction, as all these beta testers will have gotten most of the bugs out of the system by the time I choose to upgrade.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Brickinit
Grafter

you need to look at the service status, bt have been having a few probs.
N/A

It's not everybody that understands the ins and outs of how the service is provided, or even wants to. So they rely on what the provider tells them. The fact is the advertising blurb still says you could have a faster service in under 5 days. Clearly this is not the case at the moment, a temporary slight amendment to the wording is perhaps needed.
N/A

"Lift the rock you under" what does that mean? lol

Sorry it does say " in less than 5 days" Cheesy
Community Veteran

I suspect the wording may be clue to answering this one....

Will means 5 days, could or may means anytime. Was the wording in the title the full and accurate words used on the advert?

Where is this advert anyway, as I have looked around but can't see it anywhere on PlusNets website or mentioned in any of the banners.
N/A

It's on this page, underneath "Time to upgrade?" http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
More important than the precise meaning of the words is what they imply, and in this case "could" implies, yes if you want it.
Community Veteran

Well as I said the wording answers your question:
You could have faster and more convenient Internet access in less than 5 days!

Does not mean you will get it in less than 5 days. It is totally dependant on BT and how long they take to do the work. I do know people who have been activated in 2 days so it is possible for upgrades to take less than 5 but normally it's 7.

You have also read could as can which are two totally different meanings.
N/A

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :roll:

"PROBABLY the best lager in the world"

I am going to get back under that rock now. Cheque pleeeeese!