cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another disscoonnection when phone rings

N/A

Been happening now for a couple of months. Changed the filter and even the modem, usb fujitsu , still no luck. Does seem wierd how this is happening to quite a few people. I did phone up bt to do a line check they said there was no problem there. I recently moved my pc so now I'm using an extemsion lead. This is my set up. Extension lead plugged into the main socket, the other end of the extension lead is connected to the filter where the modem is connected and the phone. Even if I put the phone in it still drops whether an incoming or outgoing call is made, if I take the phone out no problems. I dont have sky or anything like that and only 1 line. By the way this was happening before i used an extension lead.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Yeah i had this problem when i first got adsl. I dont no what i did 2 get it 2 work propley. I think i just moved around the telephone connection 2 another one or sumert like this. Sorry i just 4 got it was last year
N/A

But I've been on adsl for over 2 years now with the same great company its not as if I changed anything, and aint it a swine when you do something and it works then you forgert how you did it Cry
N/A

yep its an ass
Community Veteran

extreme17, Please watch your language, it is not necessary to use that kind of language to get you point across.

wolvesandbooze, When you said you changed the filter, was this for a different make or just the 2nd of the two you had? If you used the same type try buying another make and see if that is any different

I could be a wiring fault in the socket (not the extension lead). Is the socket the master socket or an extension off the main master socket? If an extension does the same thing happen on the master socket? As for wiring, if you are happy..., have a look at the wiring in the socket and compare it with UK Telephone Extension Wiring.
titch
Dabbler

i know how you feel

I am having the same problem except my adsl has always had this problem.

have you had any resolution to your issue?
Community Veteran

Have you read and tried the suggestions in this and the other threads on disconnections?

There could be many different reasons for this problem so there is no one solution that fixes it. You have to try several until you discover the cause.
titch
Dabbler

tried all i can

removed all phones, extensions, bought high quality filter, tried another pc. Only thing i haven't tried is another adsl modem as i don't have 1. I get noise on the line even without the adsl modem connected so the fault is now with BT.

Cheers