cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes Master (Socket!)

N/A

Yes Master (Socket!)

what would it mean if you had been upgraded to 1mb but when trying to use it you just keep losing sync on the phone extensions, but as soon as you take of the face plate of the master socket and plug straight in to the line it works brillaintly, what would need to be done to get the other extensions working??

Cheers

[Moderator's note (by Chris P.): Post moved to a more suitable forum]
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes Master (Socket!)

It sounds like you have faulty wiring or its wired incorrectly at some point or possibily a problem with splitters, try disconnecting each extension individually if possible and trace the fault.

Chris
N/A

Yes Master (Socket!)

but it worked brilliantly with 512K broadband just seems weird that i upgrade and its all gone a bit wrongHuh?
Community Veteran

Yes Master (Socket!)

The noise requirements are different for the 1meg service, it's possibly something to do with that, although I would have thought BT would have picked up on this on the initial tests.

Chris
N/A

Yes Master (Socket!)

is that where the line noise has to be under 60dbHuh cos mine was 56db

[Moderator's note (by Chris P.): Entire quote of post directly preceding this one removed as it is unnecessary]
N/A

Yes Master (Socket!)

Hi alkeels, hows the surfing going?

I had the same problem, one fitted behind the master socket i connected the cordless phone to the other part of the splitter, which has other base stations around the house.

Will keep you informed once i get the new faceplate

Si
N/A

Yes Master (Socket!)

If its to do with your master faceplate, I recommend ringing BT and get them to send an engineer down, who would probably replace it free of charge Tongue
Community Veteran

Yes Master (Socket!)

is that where the line noise has to be under 60dbHuh cos mine was 56db

No Chris is meaning the SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) of the line. This is different from the 56dB Line Loss that you have quoted.
Do you have this SNR figure? If it is less than 10dB then you could well be eeing problems.