cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yawn ZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ how you doing?

N/A

Yawn ZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ how you doing?

Hello PlusNet buddies Smiley

Just felt like posting since i havent had any reason to moan for while LOL
how you all doing?.

My connection is grand still.
but i don't play games online, so haven't noticed the ping times. while im here.. how do i play online games anyway?.

Do i just connect to a games server: Ip and port.
then play away? or do i need to have the actual game im playing installed on the PC aswell.

Sorry i know nothing about online games!.
Have a nice Monday Smiley
--
Jason
=====
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Yawn ZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ how you doing?

Yup you need the game too! :cheese:

I play counter strike online. All you need is a copy or half life for the cd key then download CS as it is free.

Hope this helps

Dave Allan
N/A

Hello m8,

Bit quiet in here today. For most online games you will need to purchase the game first then you can log onto the net and play. First person shoot em ups include Half life which allows you to play TFC and Counterstrike. Medal of honour and 1942 are also very popopular. Another type is called mmorpg eg the Simms is like a real life thing! Where you own a house visit the neighbours and Walk the dog!
Check this out, in beta testing at the mo'!!
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/

N/A

Thank for the information guys!.

I only have the games i got with this new pc back in july. "Rainbow six" Rogue Spear -Black Thorn- And EA sports - FIFA 2001.

Both these games have "play over the net" but i didn't know how i done this.
Had an idea the other person might need the same game thou.

These games i think are maybe too old now, so i'll buy some up-to-date ones soon and give the online gaming a try.

Only once you set the game up on the PC etc..
how do other players know you have it on yours and that you wish to play them?.

LOL told you i know nothing about this!
im more into tech stuff, realserving music and streaming, but im going to learn Smiley
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Once you've installed the game, and downloaded the patches you need, eg when you log onto the internet games section in half life it will look for relevent patches or downloads and install them for you. Then when you connect it will list a whole bunch of servers (which you can filter), how many peeps playing in each etc, select one and join in.