cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XP connection help

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

XP connection help

Am I missing it or is there no step by step section for broadband connection for XP? The newest I can find is for 2000... or is it just me?
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

XP connection help

Where are you looking because there are several XP specific guides for both dialup and ADSL connection setup.

Connection guide has links to all the main OS versions

WinXP dial-up guide is specifically for WinXP. This is the Windows XP link in the 'focus on' box dealing with connecting found by clicking help at the top, then the green connecting self help icon.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

XP connection help

Hi Peter... me again... what I was looking for is a broadband version as simple as the - WinXP dial-up guide - link you posted, but for broadband rather than dialup.

What I want to do is delete everything I've got set up and start again, to try and solve the problem outlined in the other thread "new try at old problem" I'm just scared that if I delete everything I'll not manage to get it all back & working.... and never be seen or heard of again (hooray cry the help team Cheesy )
Community Veteran

XP connection help

The problem with that is different ADSL equipment requires different setup processes so it's difficult to produce a common guide for all. What was the Windows 2000 page you were refering to so I can see for myself what your after and whether it still applies to XP?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

XP connection help

This is the link I was reading -
Help > Self Help > Broadband ADSL > Broadband ADSL - BT Install USB Setup Guide

Broadband ADSL - BT Install USB Setup Guide
Single User USB Modem install Guide

which after installation talks you through connection.

Did you glance at the other thread and understand my problem? The guy who kindly replied seemed to suggest I had too much set up there?
N/A

XP connection help

What hardware do you have?

if you are running a small LAN then this may help : www.buzzons.co.uk/tutorials/network/network.htm
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

XP connection help

BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem & running Windows XP SP2
Community Veteran

XP connection help

Can we try and keep to the original subject of this thread considering you already have a thread open for your network problem.

The page you referenced is for a BT installed modem and not related to your current setup which is a non BT installed (i.e. wires only or self-install) setup. For this you need to follow the install instructions included with your USB modem because different modems use different methods for dialup within Windows - some act like a normal 56K dialup modem and appear to 'dial' and others act like a network card and just connect automatically - i'm not sure how the Voyager 105 dos this. This should setup all the connections for you or show you how to do it manually for XP.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

XP connection help

Anybody have a spare disc or copy of the one that comes with a Voyager 105 ADSL modem?
N/A

XP connection help

you can get the software for it here :

http://www.voyager.bt.com/usb105/downloads.htm

Buz
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

XP connection help

Thanks Buz, tried there - first time it was corrupted ,and the next time when it did unzip it wouldn't install.
I got 'run time error - abnormal program termination'

Hence the request for a copy disc.

It's actually covered in another thread now & I don't want to upset the mods by having 2 running... maybe close this :?: and move to 'new try at old problem'
Community Veteran

XP connection help

It's actually covered in another thread now & I don't want to upset the mods by having 2 running... maybe close this :?: and move to 'new try at old problem'

As suggested this thread is being closed to avoid confusion.

Other thread is here