cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XP Hibernation problem with PCI ADSL Modem

Spectre

XP Hibernation problem with PCI ADSL Modem

Does anyone else have a problem with Windows XP being unable to hibernate (or standby) with a PCI ADSL modem?
Since installing the modem, XP gets as far as "Preparing to Hibernate", the mouse pointer freezes, and hibernation is not completed. All I can do then is hit the power button.
I have updated the Conexant AccessRunner drivers to the latest version, but no improvement.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: XP Hibernation problem with PCI ADSL Modem

I suspect that somewere there is a tick box which say this device can wake upon lan. I have a lan connection for adsl and of coarse when you go to shut down it sees there is still activity on the lan so it wakes up again. This may be set in the bios if not on the card or networking properties.

> Does anyone else have a problem with Windows XP being unable to hibernate (or standby) with a PCI ADSL modem?
> Since installing the modem, XP gets as far as "Preparing to Hibernate", the mouse pointer freezes, and hibernation is not completed. All I can do then is hit the power button.
> I have updated the Conexant AccessRunner drivers to the latest version, but no improvement.

Spectre

RE: XP Hibernation problem with PCI ADSL Modem

> I've checked the device properties, I think the problem is with the Device Driver. My LAN card has an "allow computer to power-down device" check-box, the ADSL modem doesn't. If I manually disable the device, I can hibernate, but then I have to enable the device manually too. Anyone know how this disabling/enabling can be done automatically?