cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone connections

N/A

Wrong phone connections

I received my ADSL self-install hardware today, but was annoyed to find that the USB modem is supplied with US-style connections, so I was unable to plug it in to the BT wall socket, or plug my phone into the line filter.

Until I can find somewhere that sells these adapters I'm not able to use ADSL! Anyone know of anywhere that sells these? I can't believe PlusNet have done this!

Also, the self-install pack was only supplied with one line filter, when the PlusNet sales blurb clearly states that two are supplied in the pack.

Come on PlusNet, what's going on?!

4 REPLIES
Brickinit
Grafter

RE: Wrong phone connections

andrew
try Maplins at www.maplin.co.uk they also do the filters which i bought whe the ones supplied did not work,but now it is up and running it's great. i don't know about yours,but my self-install kit didn't come direct from plusnet but one of their suppliers

good luck

malc

> I received my ADSL self-install hardware today, but was annoyed to find that the USB modem is supplied with US-style connections, so I was unable to plug it in to the BT wall socket, or plug my phone into the line filter.
>
> Until I can find somewhere that sells these adapters I'm not able to use ADSL! Anyone know of anywhere that sells these? I can't believe PlusNet have done this!
>
> Also, the self-install pack was only supplied with one line filter, when the PlusNet sales blurb clearly states that two are supplied in the pack.
>
> Come on PlusNet, what's going on?!
>
>

Brickinit
Grafter

> andrew
> try Maplins at www.maplin.co.uk they also do the filters which i bought whe the ones supplied did not work,but now it is up and running it's great. i don't know about yours,but my self-install kit didn't come direct from plusnet but one of their suppliers
>
> good luck
>
> malc

they cost £4.99 each! on there home page put in the search us bt scroll down and you are there

malc

:rollsmile:

N/A

I think that these connections are standard. All the filters I use have a standrd BT socket for the phone and the american type socket for the modem or router. Your set up should work with the filter that Plusnet supplied.

> I received my ADSL self-install hardware today, but was annoyed to find that the USB modem is supplied with US-style connections, so I was unable to plug it in to the BT wall socket, or plug my phone into the line filter.
>
> Until I can find somewhere that sells these adapters I'm not able to use ADSL! Anyone know of anywhere that sells these? I can't believe PlusNet have done this!
>
> Also, the self-install pack was only supplied with one line filter, when the PlusNet sales blurb clearly states that two are supplied in the pack.
>
>
>

N/A

>
>
>
>
>

Same story here! I suspect the suppliers are out of stock of the promised splitters and the ones we got were just pre-bundled with the modem itself. I raised a Contact Us and PlusNet are investigating. You could try plugging your ADSL modem directly into the phone socket using a modem cable, but you should disconnect all other equipment on your line first to avoid them interfering with the ADSL signal while no splitter is present. According to the portal this should work but as yet I've had no success.