cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow

N/A

Wow

I've just entered this post on ADSL guide but I want to know if it's just me, but has browsing speed greatly improved in the last half an hour or soHuh I'm repeating it here in the hope that if PlusNet have done something right, it's noticed and other users may be helped. This is my post on ADSL guide,

Don't know what PlusNet have done this evening but my connection seems way, way faster like it used to be like a couple of months ago. My download speeds have always been good but recently it's been very slow browsing......until now! It's flying, hope it stays like that.

Has anyone else noticed an improvement?? I'm on the plusdsl.net realm

12 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Wow

sucks balls for me. can get a shoutcast stream fine, get great pings in dos, but i cant load most webpages (hooray, plusnet is the exception, although the server status window wont load (hardy har har)). im greatly disappointed with the service. this could never be considered broadband... :/
N/A

I'm on plus.net and my upload speed is good but the download speed is rubbish (as it has been for the past couple of weeks).

Waiting for an answer from PlusNet.... Shocked(

Downstream 68 Kbps (8.5 KB/sec) 78 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 263 Kbps (32.9 KB/sec) 302 Kbps (inc. overheads)
N/A

> I'm on plus.net and my upload speed is good but the download speed is rubbish (as it has been for the past couple of weeks).
>
> Waiting for an answer from PlusNet.... Shocked(
>
> Downstream 68 Kbps (8.5 KB/sec) 78 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 263 Kbps (32.9 KB/sec) 302 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>

Your download speed is shite!!!

I'm using PlusNet now since I moved and wanted something new. I regret!

I used BTopenworld before, since they started to have the service. I moved 3 times and used BTopenworld. The upload and download speed was always great and no problems.

With BT, my downstream was never below 40K unless it was the servers problem and my upload was up to 30K on good days but averages on around 20K.

Now with PlusNet, I'm disappointed with Download of average 30K and upload of 8K!!!!

THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS!!!

I WILL WANT A REFUND IF THINGS DON'T IMPROVE BY WEDNESDAY!!!
chino
Grafter

It must just be a few people as i have no problems, upload 32kbps and d/l of 56kbps...

all the time

cUnDaLl
--

1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

braodband my eye...

Starting speed test...
Do not use your connection until the test has finished.
Analysing your connection...
Testing downstream speed...
Downloaded 262144 bytes in 42932ms (47 kbps)
Uploaded 153336 bytes in 4497ms (266 kbps)

>>> Speed: 47 kbps (down), 266 kbps (up) <<<
Test complete.
Loading results page...
Jim
Grafter

> I used BTopenworld before, since they started to have the service. I moved 3 times and used BTopenworld. The upload and download speed was always great and no problems.

Yeah Right!!!
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=bt

Jim
Grafter

also on the front page of adslguide.org.uk
in their top ten list

9 PlusNet 384 Kbps 177 Kbps 1917
10 BTOpenworld 381 Kbps 195 Kbps 7224

N/A

Download speeds are rubbish

COME ON PLUSNET WHAT THE !!!!!! is going on

N/A

> Download speeds are rubbish
>
> COME ON PLUSNET WHAT THE !!!!!! is going on
>
>

It seems that some of us are on overloaded pipe. Check if your internal transfers to ftp.plus.net are ok. If they are you are on the same heavily throttled, overloaded outgoing pipe as me...
N/A

Downstream 471 Kbps (58.9 KB/sec) 541 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 280 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Like .... off a shovel!! Smiley
N/A

> also on the front page of adslguide.org.uk
> in their top ten list
>
> 9 PlusNet 384 Kbps 177 Kbps 1917
> 10 BTOpenworld 381 Kbps 195 Kbps 7224
>
>
>

Well believe it or not. I have two adsl connection in my flat. My flatmate using BTopenworld and I'm using plusnet, surfing from one site, i take seconds longer. Downloading from tucows or download.com, i take minutes longer.
N/A

Hmmm,

I dunno about you lot but... as soon as the Redback move was made... My connection has been failing occasionally and stuff... before hand I had no problems like you ppl have described!

I was actually getting SDSL for a while {me actually on ADSL}

On all the speed tests I did my connection was:

58.9KBps Download
53.5KBps Upload

which is CRAZY!!! But i have had it for a week!!!

Since the move to Redback the Upload is back at 30.5KBps and the Download is around 58KBps... but I get the occasional Packet loss and browsing problems!!

This has never happened to me before.... For me PlusNet have been 100% ace! However, now I feel like how some of you lot felt for the past month or so!

But as always... im gonna stick with 'em coz they always get through in the end! {me been with PlusNet for almost a year - and have to say they are by far the best ISP}

Bob