cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would having a current BT dialup account hold-up ADSL activa

N/A

Would having a current BT dialup account hold-up ADSL activa

Hi all,

For a currently unknown to me reason, the initial setup of my account (ADSL Home) has failed:

"Our initial checks have highlighted some details that have prevented us from ordering ADSL on your telephone line."

I know my exchange is ADSL enabled so it can't be that, but I do currently hold a BT Anytime account which I was planning to cancel once my PlusNet account was up and running and I'd moved my website across.

Is it possible that this dialup account has caused a problem with moving my line to ADSL?

PlusNet are looking into this, but it's likely someone here can say if this is a possibility before I hear back from PlusNet themselves,

Ta for any response,

Chris
3 REPLIES
Lorian
Grafter

RE: Would having a current BT dialup account hold-up ADSL ac

> Hi all,
>
> For a currently unknown to me reason, the initial setup of my account (ADSL Home) has failed:
>
> "Our initial checks have highlighted some details that have prevented us from ordering ADSL on your telephone line."
>
> I know my exchange is ADSL enabled so it can't be that, but I do currently hold a BT Anytime account which I was planning to cancel once my PlusNet account was up and running and I'd moved my website across.
>
> Is it possible that this dialup account has caused a problem with moving my line to ADSL?
>
> PlusNet are looking into this, but it's likely someone here can say if this is a possibility before I hear back from PlusNet themselves,
>
> Ta for any response,
>
> Chris

No this wont be it. More likely a DACS or something on your line would be my guess.

Jc
N/A

>
> No this wont be it. More likely a DACS or something on your line would be my guess.
>

Hmm, well I've always had connections at 49-52kbps which I've confirmed on Linux and Windows with different modems and regularly get download speed averages of 5kbytes per sec and often higher so I'd really doubt I have any DACS issues. I only have one phone line on the house.

Ta for the reply,

nry

N/A

Try looking through the forum history (and the plusnet forum).

I had a conversation where a lot of reason where passed about, and how to setup your line when making calls for tests by BT.