cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless routers (Speedtouch 570)

N/A

Wireless routers (Speedtouch 570)

I'm thing of getting a wireless ADSL router, my initial thoughts are on the Speedtouch 570 from Alcatel.

Has anyone used the 570 - would you recommend it ?

Or any other wireless routers you think are perhaps better ?

Thanks in advance.

Oracle
--
<< Fast forward into the future >>
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Wireless routers (Speedtouch 570)

Theres a couple of others roundabout the same price

Draytek Vigor 2600We (£191+vat)

Zyxel Prestige 650HW (£239+vat)

I remember reading that D-link were about to bring one out as well.

I was looking to buy one, but decided to go for separate adsl router and a wireless access point.

Note although the Draytek looks good value it seems many people have problems playing games, although whether this is down to their setup or the router I don't know.

N/A

D-Link have 22MB wireless technology - well worth considering if you're going to move significant volumes of data around your network. Wireless technology is getting faster so if you opt for a seperate router & WAP, you'll only need to replace the WAP when you want to upgrade.....

> I'm thing of getting a wireless ADSL router, my initial thoughts are on the Speedtouch 570 from Alcatel.
>
> Has anyone used the 570 - would you recommend it ?
>
> Or any other wireless routers you think are perhaps better ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Oracle
>
> --
> << Fast forward into the future >>

N/A

...and if someone draws a circle with some strange squiggles in it on the pavement outside your house I would start to worry...

http://www.warchalking.org/
N/A

> ...and if someone draws a circle with some strange squiggles in it on the pavement outside your house I would start to worry...
>
> http://www.warchalking.org/

funny enough when my next door neighbour bought his wireless network he didn't bother to set up any security at all. To teach them a lesson their son drove up in a car park opposite the house and with his laptop and accessed their network. Lesson learned!
N/A

Thanks all for the info. Point on security taken.

I'm also persuaded by getting a separate WAP now - BatCat you're right in bring this to everyone's attention.

In which case I may go for the Speedtouch 510 v4 with a WAP add-on.

Oracle.

> D-Link have 22MB wireless technology - well worth considering if you're going to move significant volumes of data around your network. Wireless technology is getting faster so if you opt for a seperate router & WAP, you'll only need to replace the WAP when you want to upgrade.....
>