cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless router

N/A

Wireless router

I have recently bought a netgear dg834n to go with my new pc (vista) but cannot load it. It does not recognise the ADSL line. I have tried rebooting the router but still the internet port LED doesn,t recognise the line. The internet works with my old voyager modem. So can anyone give me any advice on what to do?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Wireless router

Can you access the router setup pages??

usually by connecting the router to your PC with a network cable, and typing into a web browser 192.168.0.1 I think with the netgears, but the user guide should tell you. If you get asked for a username and password, try admin and admin, but again the user guide should help. You need to make sure that the VCi and VPI are set to 0.38, and the ethernet settings are set to PPPoA, not PPPoE. Also I think BT require VCMux to be used. This may be the reason that you cannot connect. Also some routers come with a setup disk. Having vista should make no odds to the router getting sync from the exchange. I ma presuming that the light is just flashing green here. Cant recall what my old Netgear used to be like but I think there is a light thst is labelled i which is the sync. If this is solid, them you are getting sync, and if this is the case, then all you need to do, is put your PlusNet username and password into the appropriate boxes, and apply the settings. This should give you a connection.

Hope this helps, post back with results.
N/A

Wireless router

Please do not cross-post as this makes it difficult to follow the thread and is against forum rules.

This post was also made in Wireless Broadband here.

Can a mod close one of the threads so that answers related to this problem can be kept in one place.
Community Veteran

Wireless router

I have closed the other thread, please use this one.

Chilly
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Wireless router

Hi,

I had this problem for about 30 minutes and realised I had miss typed my Plusnet user login in the router.

Shockedops:

I would delete out your user name and password by connecting to the router on 192.168.0.1 and then type them in again. Make sure you use the same cable as your USB modem as you know that works.