cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless router stuck 'starting PPP'

N/A

I have been trying to set up my DrayTek Vigor2800 series wireless router but am having difficulty. I cannot seem to get connected as it is constantly 'starting PPP'.

Accoring to a colleague (who knows much more about such things than me) this often means that the Plusnet account has not been fully activated. I have emailed and telephoned Plusnet but they tell me via both methods that my account is properly active.

This colleague has assured me that the router has been correctly set up and I have also run the plusnet fault checker which has proved 'inconclusive'.

Has anybody else encountered similar problems or is able to offer any advice on how I can rectify the problem?

Tests using the bt_test_user username have proved just as fruitless as my plusnet username.

Please help as I don't have much hair left anyway to tear out!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

it's just worth checking that your router setup screen looks like this.
if it turns out to be a router problem rather than a plusnet problem then the draytek forums are full of helpful folk : http://www.draytek.co.uk/forum/
N/A

I am led to believe that the router is OK. I will try the DrayTek forums and see if I can get help there.

I really don't KNOW what to think and am becoming increasingly frustrated.
N/A

I just wondered should I have a static IP address for Plusnet?

The router we have in the office (although not wireless) is also connected through Plusnet but appears to have a static IP address, whereas my wireless router at home looks as if it is trying to find a dynamic ISP.

Does anyone know?
Community Veteran

It depends on what type of account your on.
The premium and PAYG accounts have a static IP's whereas the Plus and the cheaper PAYG account have a changing IP's
N/A

Thanks to those that helped.

Plusnet have discovered a fault on the line which they raised to BT at 10.30 last night.

It was fixed by the time I got up this morning.