cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Working?

N/A

Wireless Working?

Hi,

for the last 3 days I haven't been able to connect to Plusnet via my wireless d-link DSL-G604T. So to find out where the problem has been ocuring I've plugged in my old Voyager 105 USB modem and I have connected sucessfully. Is that it then? A dicky d-link box or is there more to it?

Thanks
Phil Houghton
6 REPLIES
N/A

Wireless Working?

Tell us what the problem is. Does the router connect to Plus net but you cant connect via wireless. Or doesnt it connect to plus net at all.

Can you connect to the router ok if you type ipconfig /all and post it we can see if you are getting a conection on the lan.

Can you connect via a cable
Is the any error messages does the router have a log?
Have you set up the router correctly?
Community Veteran

Wireless Working?

Carefully move the d-link to a window sill to cool down, you may need oven gloves to prevent 3rd degree burns.

Sorry, a more serious answer, have you tried allowing your router to cool down. I am also running a d-link router, and if PlusNet decide that my sync speed should be over 4M, my router overheats and freezes. (Oxymoron?) I am now running it with the covers off as since max it not run with them on.

Chilly
AndyR
Grafter

Wireless Working?

Good afternoon

It appears that we are having a similar problem

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48896

I do not particularly wish to open up my box - only six weeks old.
However I would not think it would fail by overheating after starting up from cold. I switch it off when not in use.

regards
Andy
Community Veteran

Wireless Working?

Does it feel hot when it has failed, my case I could not hold my hand on the router for very long. Cycling the power and the router would just freeze up again after a few moments. But if I allowed it to cool and reconnected it would run for hours before freezing again. Also it was more prone to freezing when the room is warm.

Chilly
AndyR
Grafter

Wireless Working?

I will check when I next go onto the Internet. Not at home at the moment.
From memory it is hot when tripping out but not too hot. I have placed the box on its side and edge but have not tried it on the supplied rubber stands as I have misplaced them.
Equipment is DSL-G624T.
Interesting theory though.

Andy
N/A

Wireless Working?

Sorry for not replying sooner. Ok, so I've tried the D-Link router at the other side of town and it works fine. I've managed to connect for a bit last night but I haven't been able to today. I have a Dell PC linked up to the router via a cable and i am wirelessly using my Apple iBook. Now this has been working well for about 6 months since we fitted to router, it's only since this past month that it's all gone horribly wrong to the point of us not getting on at all. This applies to both computers.

Surely it must be something that Plusnet has done - what's our options, change service providers?

Thanks
Phil