cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP SP1

N/A

Windows XP SP1

Hi ppl,

I have windows xp pro sp1 installed on my computer and after few hours of connection i'm having problems disconnecting. On the connection dialog (the one where you see how many bytes+time you have been connected), the second I press "Disconnect".... boom this dialog box is now "Not Responding" and from there I need to press restart on the computer to get back my connection.
Also sometimes this becomes "Not Responding" on its own.... when this happens, I can not access any web pages etc..... please help.

Thanks
Steve
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Windows XP SP1

What are you using to connect to the net with? 56k modem, ADSL modem (USB or ethernet), ADSL router?

If the device came with any drivers have you uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the drivers.

Make sure all other windows updates are installed.

Try upgrading your graphics card drivers, sometimes driver conflicts can occur and upgrading some can solve this conflict.
N/A

Windows XP SP1

I am using Speedtouch ADSL PCI Modem for my 512k connection, I have uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed the drivers for this. I have also got all the windows updates available. Still the problem keeps occuring.

I have just updated my graphics driver (GeForce 4 4600) to the latest one available (a beta - I think)... hope this works.

Thanks,
Steve
N/A

Windows XP SP1

No good Cry

It is still crashing/disconnecting...... I have even replaced the winsock TCP/IP as well....

Only one thing to do now (unless anyone else can help?)........

a:\format c:
WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE C: WILL BE LOST!
Proceed with Format (Y/N)?
Y

Re-install Windows................

Cry Cry Cry
N/A

Windows XP SP1

Are you using the current drivers for your modem,
if not try them.
http://www.dslsupport.co.uk/stpci.asp
Alec