cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 98 SE

chrisst

Windows 98 SE

I am having trouble installing the voyager 105 USB drivers. The help desk says I need some extra files but are unable to tell me which. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Windows 98 SE

What does windows ask you for?
lingbob
Grafter

Windows 98 SE

During the installation, Windows should have asked you to insert the Windows CD. Once inserted, all the necessary extra files are grabbed off the CD. Maybe Windows didn't ask you to insert the CD?

Regards,
Martin
N/A

Windows 98 SE

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

Yes, as has been mentioned, During set up of your modem, the system should have asked you for your Windows 98 SE disc or install path. This is required so that certain files can be installed.

It would probably be best to remove or uninstall any incidence of the usb modem currently on your system and go for a reinstall.

Before installation, ensure that you have your Windows disc to hand and your Modem driver disc.

Ensure that the USB modem is unplugged and do not connect it to your PC until prompted.

If you have two drives in your PC i.e CD and DVD or CD/RW you can run the modem install from one drive and place the Windows disc in the other.

During install you should be prompted for your windows disc., If you only have one optical drive, then remove the Modem set up disc and insert the Windows disc. Give the system a few seconds to recognise the Windows CD and follow the on screen prompts. you may have to select the drive which contains your windows CD ie D:/Win 98

As the files are being installed you should see a progress bar and when this is finished you should be prompted to reboot your PC.

For further help see this link.

Hopefully, at this point all will be done. If you need any more advice just ask.

Good luck with the setup.
N/A

Windows 98 SE

The problem could be that the usb ports are 1.x not 2.0 http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/462

Or 98se does not have the drivers needed for the hardware.

In either case go to http://driverguide.com
Username : driver1
Password : all

And locate the drivers that you need.
lingbob
Grafter

Windows 98 SE

Or 98se does not have the drivers needed for the hardware.

Win98(SE) does have the necessary extra files Smiley

I installed a BT Voyager 105 under Win98(SE) without any problems back in March and used it without problems until I upgraded to WinXP Pro in November. It installed under that without problems too.

Regards,
Martin
chrisst

Windows 98 SE

The installation does not ask for the Win 98 disc. The mesage I get is: Kernel32.dll requires access to the internet. Everything locks at this stage waiting for a dialup to happen - it doesn't.
lingbob
Grafter

Windows 98 SE

Sounds very much like your firewall could be blocking access :?:

Regards,
Martin