cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2000 Pro

N/A

Windows 2000 Pro

Good news had many problems with connections etc thought that it was due to splitters(Still does not mean that they don't work). I decided to change from Win98se to win 2K Pro, to my supprise I have had little trouble since then if any at all. Not sure why, may be because its more geared up for networking I am not sure. If everything turns pear shaped I will let you all know, since I changed to new Operating system I have only been dropped off once in three days,instead of every 2 minuits (Yes 2 mins) will it all change for the worse??

Regards all
Shane
1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: Windows 2000 Pro

> Good news had many problems with connections etc thought that it was due to splitters(Still does not mean that they don't work). I decided to change from Win98se to win 2K Pro, to my supprise I have had little trouble since then if any at all. Not sure why, may be because its more geared up for networking I am not sure. If everything turns pear shaped I will let you all know, since I changed to new Operating system I have only been dropped off once in three days,instead of every 2 minuits (Yes 2 mins) will it all change for the worse??
>
> Regards all
> Shane

2K has always been the best MS OS version, XP is fast but removes some installation options I dont like, plus buggy desktop/window management.

In the end for DSL 2K Pro has been the most stable for me. I have tested it on each, as I'm lucky enough too Dual boot 2K/XP on one machine and have 98se on another.

Only real problem with 2K is drivers for soundcards/USB, making it a gamers issue :/
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017