cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2000 Network Connection Locking Up

mk2cav
Grafter

I have a netgear dg824m adsl wireless router.

Connected to this I have an old 200MHZ compaq running windows 98, a compaq laptop running windws 98 and an amd based machine running windows 2000.

Both the compaqs are more than happy running on the router. download speed of around 61 KBytes a second as expected. The windows 2000 machine appears to loose its network connection to the internet after downloading around 500 KBytes of data. I can still see my other internal machines and the webserver on the router but not the internet. After about 5 mins i can then download about another 500 KBytes of data before the same thing accours again.

Any Ideas Welcome. :?:
2 REPLIES
BoneMan
Grafter

Re: Windows 2000 Network Connection Locking Up

The windows 2000 machine appears to loose its network connection to the internet after downloading around 500 KBytes of data. I can still see my other internal machines and the webserver on the router but not the internet. After about 5 mins i can then download about another 500 KBytes of data before the same thing accours again.

Any Ideas Welcome. :?:

Um, odd indeed. However, may be worth checking you have plenty of free space on your C: drive and that your IE cache (assuming you are using IE) is big enough. (Check Tools | Internet Options | General | Settings). Remember IE downloads everything into your "Temporary Internet Files" folder before copying it to the folder you've indicated. If that "Temp" folder runs out of space, you'll be stuffed Wink

Good luck.

Regards

BoneMan
mk2cav
Grafter

Turning universal plug and play off on the router solved all my issues.

Cool