cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinMX problems

N/A

WinMX problems

Does anyone use the file sharing program, WinMX, with their ADSL line? i just got my ADSL modem today and am having trouble using the software.

If i set my connection to show as DSL, i dont get any results when searching for a file, and therefore cannot donwload anything. if i set it to unknown, i might get a connection if i'm lucky, but it will be worse than my 56K modem.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: WinMX problems

> Does anyone use the file sharing program, WinMX, with their ADSL line? i just got my ADSL modem today and am having trouble using the software.
>
> If i set my connection to show as DSL, i dont get any results when searching for a file, and therefore cannot donwload anything. if i set it to unknown, i might get a connection if i'm lucky, but it will be worse than my 56K modem.
>
> Any ideas?

In brief, all P2P programs have been classed as 'low priority' and we all give down/upload performance worse than a 56k until the new 155Mb pipe is installed which may not improve it much.
N/A

> Does anyone use the file sharing program, WinMX, with their ADSL line? i just got my ADSL modem today and am having trouble using the software.
>
> If i set my connection to show as DSL, i dont get any results when searching for a file, and therefore cannot donwload anything. if i set it to unknown, i might get a connection if i'm lucky, but it will be worse than my 56K modem.
>
> Any ideas?

Why not try Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/en/kmdstart.htm
N/A

>
>
> Any ideas?

One of my family uses WinMX ans was sufferring the same - try it now as it looks OK (re 28/04). Previously there was a problem with peer to peer comms having low priority - or something.A new ADSL pipeline has been installead an this supposedly overcomes the problem. It looks to have done so to us anyway
--