cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will engineer visit?

jmart
Grafter

Will engineer visit?

I have a friend who wants to get broadband at his home. At the BT availability site he got this result:
Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that it is VERY UNLIKELY you will be able to receive 512Kbps or 256Kbps broadband service due to the very long length of your telephone line. However, your order will be accepted if you still wish to order. An engineer may need to visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 500Kbps or greater.

Now, is it just me or do those two paragraphs contradict each other?
And, will an engineer visit if he orders PN rather than BT? :?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Will engineer visit?

Don't worry about it .. tests i've done state i can't get DSL in my area but here i am sat on 8meg DSL.
Cheesy
Just aslong as your friend isn't seriously out in the sticks it shouldn't be a problem.
When i ordered my DSL from PN no engineer came because i ordered the self install .. think it will depend on the package ordered.
chrisc
Grafter

Will engineer visit?

When you order broadband from PlusNet we place the order with BTw. If there are any problems with the order then BT will inform us and we can take necessary action.

In a few very rare cases an engineer will be sent out to test things at your end but this doesn't happen too often.
Aterlatus
Grafter

Will engineer visit?

Back when I first got my broadband an engineer came out to do the install as a standard thing. Nice guy he was too ;p
jmart
Grafter

Will engineer visit?

Thanks guys.
He reckons the little village he lives in is 2.25miles (by road) from the town where the exchange is. So yeah, I reckon he could just be seriously out in the sticks.

Goole Maps Link.
Exchange on that pic is just above the 'N' in 'Duns' @ top left corner.

PS Sorry about the link, doesn't work in the tags without the apostrophe in sinclair's. Shockedops:

[Moderators Note by Jonathan (chillypenguin) URL converted to a link, as its was distorting the forum layout.]