cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a different product help my speeds?

N/A

Between midnight and 4pm my Brodaband zips along nicely. Speed tests show consitant speeds in excess of 6mbps.

I have always noticed a mark slowdown during peak hours but recently between 4pm and midnight everything is complete treacle. Speeds tests are always way under 0.5mbps. At the moment they are 0.2

I understand the need for restricting usage through peak times but this is a crazy level of throttling.

I think I may have started having a fairly high level of usage since I got my Xbox360 with all the demo downloads etc although I do tend to do them after midnight because I am aware of the restrictions.

Is it my usage levels that have caused this severe level of throttling or is this what I can expect generally? Would changing my product help? ( I dont actually know what product I am currently on ... sorry Shockedops: )

I dont want to go through the hassle of changing provider so I would like to try to resolve this without jumping ship if I can.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Is it my usage levels that have caused this severe level of throttling

Short answer = yes Cheesy

You can see the usage allowance for your current product here:-
Link

You can see how much you have currently used here:-
Link

It may be worthwhile considering switching to one of the BBYW products.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Thanks for this Chris.

I found that I have strayed over the 4gig limit which must be what is causing the problem. My new month starts in a couple of days so I should be ok then.

I am interested in the BBYW options but I am not clear on the usage levels. Is this Peak time usage or overall usage?

Also, what times are covered in 'Free Nighttime Usage"

The Broadband Your Way screen is not very clear about this sort of detail.

Thanks.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

The usage amounts shown on the BBYW pages are for usage accrued between 8am and Midnight, outside of these hours is the free usage period.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I think I will be moving over to option 3