cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wierd problem with Belkin F5D7633

N/A

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me. My connection has been working fine for ages now but when I got home from work last night I couldn't access the Net. When I checked the router it stated 'Internet Status: No Connection' even though I was actually connected at 7 meg and all lights were green across the board.

Since then, If I reconnect, the router goes through its usual stunts (although it does seem to take a little longer sometimes once the line is up to optain the IP address from PlusNet) and ultimately ends up looking normal and my router homepage indicates that I have a connection but the status is still 'No Connection' and I can't access the Net. I then have to keep rekicking the connection (which I do using the SNR tweak) until it finally connects. I am then fine until I lose the connection (which happens every now and again due to extraneous circumstances) then it's 'Rinse and Repeat'.

Has anyone else come across this problem with Belkins and if so, any idea how to fix it?

Cheers

Jeremy
3 REPLIES
N/A

If it says connected it means there is adsl on the line and its connected. It then generally means that the username pasword is wrong.

So its got to be problem with authentications or your routers got a corrupt password/username or its timing out sending it.

I would do a factory reset on the router and see if that cures it
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

If it's new, dump it back at the store and get a refund. I just got rid of a belkin PCMCIA card for my laptop - it was utter crap. Infact it was the worst heap of **** I've ever used for any form of networking.

I got a D-Link card now and it's been very good.

Incidentally if you try ringing belkin support... good luck.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

It seems to be ok at the moment. I use the Belkin because of the SNR tweak but previously I had a Netgear that was a pain in the jacksy so I spose its horses for courses really on router makes - they all have pros and cons.

Normally this one is fine and I can get nearly 8 meg out of it and its only yesterday that it started playing up. I strongly suspect that its a timing issue with the authentication so maybe its cleared itself.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers

Jeremy