cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why r Plusnet so quick to blame cust h/w

N/A

Why r Plusnet so quick to blame cust h/w

Over the last month and a half, I have had a PCI modem which kept locking up the PC, and 3 routers (Zoom X3) that would randomly lock up. Went through the manufacturers tech support, in each case ended up taking the unit back to the retailer.

Tested the last one at a friends for a week (he's on Demon) and he's had no probs with lock ups, also he's had better download speeds than me. BTW he's on exactly the same exchange as me.

When I've reported both the speed issue, and the lockup prob, Plus have been quick to try to blame my hardware - even though the likelyhood of 4 units being faulty is slim. Even blame my network, even though I've tried it with only a laptop in the router. They appear to have not even considered a faulty DSLAM would cause these probs. But then again, that's probably further down the standard call script they use.

I can tell they aren't bothering to read the replies I send - I seem to be getting generic advice that earlier in the call has already been tried.

I've had enough of this shower. Beginning to wish I went with one of the other 2 on my list - Nildram or Demon.
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Why r Plusnet so quick to blame cust h/w

Same here Darren m8 getting the same problem with plusnet as soon as my contract is up I am fcuking this shower of shtie off.
>

N/A

I understand your frustration, I went three weeks with NO connection due to a faulty exchange line card.

BT continued to deny that there was a problem with their equipment and sent engineers 3 TIMES TO THE EXCHANGE. The engineers reported that the line card tested ok. You know what? None of those engineers bothered to simply reset the card when they were there just-in-case!

You can hardly blame +net for the ***** service and ***** engineers that BT provide, +net are not able to access exchanges and have to put up with the same lame excuses from BT that we have to.

I doubt that any other ISP would have been able to identify the problem. Demon and Nildram would have blamed your equipment too.

As somebody who worked for an ISP I can tell you that 90+% of the time the end users equipment is the problem.

It's just not very nice when I am the end user and know that my equipment is fine and BT are wrong. It makes the ISP look ***** when it is all down to BT!

Ed.
N/A

Plus Net Techys are clearly not up to the job. Add to this they have a time constraint on each call they take and you get duff advice. Anything that will get you off the line and reduce call times.

I just had a problem accessing this portal. I was told to change from IE6 to another Browser, ridiculous. It took a couple of minutes for the SALES OFFICE from BISCit.com http://www.broadband-help.com/service_review.asp?id=114&refpage=home.asp to solve the issue and it did not involve changing Browsers! There other favourite is check your Drivers, always a good one if you want to get rid of a customer.

At one time they were customer orientated now the Company sees us as a necessary evil.
N/A

Just do as the rest do.

Simply state you have been through the procedure moe than once, that a test laptop from work, that works every damned other place, fails to work at your house.

However, it still doesn't solve the stupidity that floats around in most heads.

90% of the time it is the end users equipment, being hardware, settings or software (When windows crashes, who do you blame, MS. When IE has major bugs, who do blame, MS. So why can't it be your browser at fault).

90% of the other times, it's beyond the control of the ISP, and they are only relaysing the information BT send them. Just because you are not happy with the Plus.Net answer, does that mean that Plus.Net are not happy with being lied to by BT?

Drow up, and start looking beyond the end of your nose.
N/A

When I have been through a thorough investigation of my problems, I call the ISP. If the problem is with the BT equipment, it's the ISP's problem as the contract is between the ISP and BT. In this case, if +net have a problem with BT, they need to sort it out with them - not me. I only buy a voice service from BT.

Rather than tell me to grow up (or was that drow up?), bear in mind that some customers ARE technically competent. I have been in comms for 10 years, I am fully Cisco CCIE certified. In this case not only did I check my hardware (and swap it out twice), but I also checked and swapped out my cabling. Now that I know my equipment is functioning correctly, the responsibility (whether BT's or +net's fault) is with +net to sort out.

BTW, the test laptop that you refer to is my own laptop, that was wiped and cleanly installed to test it wasn't my setup causing the problem.

Yes, 90% of the time it may work out to be the customer's equipment. But I am sure I've proved by my tests that this is not the case. In this case - you should look past the end of your nose and stop labelling ALL users to be the same as the lazy few.

> Just do as the rest do.
>
> Simply state you have been through the procedure moe than once, that a test laptop from work, that works every damned other place, fails to work at your house.
>
> However, it still doesn't solve the stupidity that floats around in most heads.
>
> 90% of the time it is the end users equipment, being hardware, settings or software (When windows crashes, who do you blame, MS. When IE has major bugs, who do blame, MS. So why can't it be your browser at fault).
>
> 90% of the other times, it's beyond the control of the ISP, and they are only relaysing the information BT send them. Just because you are not happy with the Plus.Net answer, does that mean that Plus.Net are not happy with being lied to by BT?
>
> Drow up, and start looking beyond the end of your nose.

N/A

When I have been through a thorough investigation of my problems, I call the ISP. If the problem is with the BT equipment, it's the ISP's problem as the contract is between the ISP and BT. In this case, if +net have a problem with BT, they need to sort it out with them - not me. I only buy a voice service from BT.

Rather than tell me to grow up (or was that drow up?), bear in mind that some customers ARE technically competent. I have been in comms for 10 years, I am fully Cisco CCIE certified. In this case not only did I check my hardware (and swap it out twice), but I also checked and swapped out my cabling. Now that I know my equipment is functioning correctly, the responsibility (whether BT's or +net's fault) is with +net to sort out.

BTW, the test laptop that you refer to is my own laptop, that was wiped and cleanly installed to test it wasn't my setup causing the problem.

Yes, 90% of the time it may work out to be the customer's equipment. But I am sure I've proved by my tests that this is not the case. In this case - you should look past the end of your nose and stop labelling ALL users to be the same as the lazy few.

> Just do as the rest do.
>
> Simply state you have been through the procedure moe than once, that a test laptop from work, that works every damned other place, fails to work at your house.
>
> However, it still doesn't solve the stupidity that floats around in most heads.
>
> 90% of the time it is the end users equipment, being hardware, settings or software (When windows crashes, who do you blame, MS. When IE has major bugs, who do blame, MS. So why can't it be your browser at fault).
>
> 90% of the other times, it's beyond the control of the ISP, and they are only relaysing the information BT send them. Just because you are not happy with the Plus.Net answer, does that mean that Plus.Net are not happy with being lied to by BT?
>
> Drow up, and start looking beyond the end of your nose.

N/A

Sorry for posting twice - I stupidly double clicked on the post button.
N/A

You and Plus net go well together, sure you are not a member of the Tech support team? Your tone and language exactly match that of Mr Grice of Plus Net

The other side of the coin is that all people are not technically competent and one of Plus Nets selling points is that they provide 24/7 Tech Support. To do what I wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot have it both ways.
N/A

I`m with u on this Darren u can not win with Plusnet they are bullshiters m8 I guess you are on the same realm as me and that other bloke u has given stick is on a different one

Coley
>

N/A

By-the-way, the only way to convince anybody that there is a problem is to get a BT engineer to visit you. He'll bring a laptop and frog and try it. You pay if it is your configuration or equipment at fault though.

You may also be interested to know that you can call the BT residential fault number to check on the progress of your problem (assuming +net have passed it on to BT).

Like I said, it took 3 weeks to get a visit from an engineer and then just a few hours to get the line card reset...ho hum...

Ed.