cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my broadband connectionout for 15days?

N/A

:x
Fully anticipate that this will be pulled by the blog master general.

But here goes.

My broadband has been out since the 11th July.
The conflicting feedback is causing me to re-evaluate my view of plusnet services.
So the story goes, BT OpenReach are servicing their clients "Plusnet" request to uprate the speed on their loops.
Plusnet posts a service bulletin about issues across their customer base caused by this upgrade. please waait 24 hours, unplug this, unplug that, power this off and on again... blah blah!
Then diagnostic checklist, try this, try that... try alternate microfilter, try another adsl router... yeah I'm sure residential customers have a fully redundant set of hardware for just an eventuality. Anyway, I compromised and went out and paid £7 for a new microfilter... same old issue.
Monday, get to work, go to services and run automated fault diagnosis.
No fault found... yeah right!
Back on to the support line... 38 Minute wait to speak to someone.
Not a lot of help... I'm at work remember, the kit is at home.
Trollied home... check the PVC settings on my router...everything as the man says...
In the meantime run the DSL diags supplied with my nice router/modem
ADSL test Passed... wheyhey!
data transfer failed... ISP test failed and so on.... so what's wrong?
Next day at work..... can't face a 38minute wait again.. the boss might be watching.
update the my question bit on support... no response.
Think... Rome wasn't built in a day.. 5 day turnaround SLA. best be patient.
Weekend came and went... little feedback in the my question.. just that escalated to wholesale.... blah blah.
So here's my next mistake...
I update the my question requesting a status...Nothing.
Next day the same.... still nothing.
Next day the same ..... get on the phone.... 29 minute wait.. improving.
get told, well you updated your question...when you do that it gets pushed to the bottom of the queue...... Now that's a really smart way of problem managing... or perhaps of teeing off you client.
Anyway.. support guy, patient, polite and generally quite professional... but I can't talk to someone in management, can't escalate the problem. basically impasse.
Then there's the industry regulator... Ofcom...Now I've a connection there, so I consulted her... and a fault has now been registered with them.
Will that improve responsiveness? I will have to wait and see.
5 day SLA breached... but then I'm only a PAYG customer of 4+ years standing... Will I get to use any of July's bandwidthHuh?Huh
4 REPLIES
N/A

It's the 1st of August... And I've still no connection.
No update on my question since last Tuesday.
Now 6 days of SLA.
Ofcom have to wait 1 further day, to give PN the chance of a reply.
Will it work or won't it?
Do I have to switch to another provider...ehmmmm Probably.
N/A

Sounds just like my experience, though for me the misery hasn't been going on for quite so long as yours. At the moment PlusNet really isn't behaving like an organisation that wants to keep its customers. There has clearly been some change in my connection, which has resulted in internet connections repeatedly being dropped. So far I've been told nothing about how they propose to resolve the problem.
Tiger50
Grafter

Read this thread it might help!!!!!!!!!!

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46052
N/A

i feel your pain! I was off the net for a week and now I'm seriously considering switching provider!

not happy