cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we have to go through the ISP and Not BT ?

N/A

Why do we have to go through the ISP and Not BT ?

Does anyone know why we have to go through PLUSNET and not BT for all of our burning issues ?

I would love to ring them up and kick off about their pathetic service, what does everyone else think ? ( well I know what everyone else thinks, it just makes interesting reading !)

JASON
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Why do we have to go through the ISP and Not BT ?

> Does anyone know why we have to go through PLUSNET and not BT for all of our burning issues ?
>
> I would love to ring them up and kick off about their pathetic service, what does everyone else think ? ( well I know what everyone else thinks, it just makes interesting reading !)
>
> JASON

The reason is because you are placing a contract with PlusNet for your ADSL and not with BT.
As such you are a client of PlusNet and they deal with all issues of your service.
If you want to deal with Bt directly then you would have to apply for ADSL from them at BT Openworld where you will pay a lot more for far less facilities.

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

RE: Why do we have to go through the ISP and Not BT ?

> The reason is because you are placing a contract with PlusNet for your ADSL and not with BT.
> As such you are a client of PlusNet and they deal with all issues of your service.
> If you want to deal with Bt directly then you would have to apply for ADSL from them at BT Openworld where you will pay a lot more for far less facilities.

I also imagine that BT wholesale really don't want to get involved with front line support on their ADSL products.

I'm sure they would much rather have the ISP's do that sort of thing. In some ways it makes sense, since it separates the signal from the noise, i.e. whether it really is a BT/line problem, or just a dumb arsed customer. Not that I'm trying to defend BT, but there are plenty of the aforementioned types around unfortunately!

I pity anyone who has to work in front line support. I really don't know how they handle it - I know I couldn't!

--
Cheers, Ian.