cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do Plusnet lie and steal our money?

N/A

Why do Plusnet lie and steal our money?

I had a terrible experience with the setting up of my ADSL connection. It was finally solved but, contrary to their word, Plusnet now refuse to refund me for the lack of service. The story is the following.

I signed up for an ADSL connection on the 13th June. On 21st June Plusnet informed me that my connection was active. Truth is, it was not active and would not be so for another 40 days. I told them from the first moment, but it wasn't before dozens of emails, phone calls, contact us tickets and forum postings (as well as tens of hours of my time) that they finally acted to get BT to send an engineer to check my connection. (Did I mention I had to agree, once by phone and twice in writing, that I would pay the visit fee if the engineer found that the connection was fine? Did I mention that Plusnet took two payments of my monthly fee while I was telling them the connection wasn't working and notwithstanding their assurance that they would not take payment? Did I mention that, after I expressed my outrage at their lack of total professional ethics, Customer Support assured me they would refund me for the time I had paid for a non-working connection?)

Going back to the story, the engineer came and it turned out the local exchange had not yet been setup for my connection. The engineer worked on the exchange together with a colleague and had my connection up in a couple of hours. On July 30, I was finally able to use my connection and asked for a refund from Plusnet.

A few days ago, Plusnet Customer Support told me they had only been offered 15 days of compensation by BT and could not offer me more. I replied that couldn't be right and that BT was none of my concern. They said that was their last offer, remarking that they had "been able to offer [me] some compensation, albeit not as much as would like". (Did I mention Plusnet treat their customer as whiny babies to be pleased if possible but never fully to their expectations?)

To sum up my experience with Plusnet so far: they do not stand by their word, do not care about their clients, cover their mistakes blaming somebody or something else and, most important of all, take their clients' money and run. (Did I mention I am not going to let them do that this time?)

Regards.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Why do Plusnet lie and steal our money?

Lets not forget that for every disappointed customer there are always many more happy with the service.

> I had a terrible experience with the setting up of my ADSL connection. It was finally solved but, contrary to their word, Plusnet now refuse to refund me for the lack of service. The story is the following.
>
> I signed up for an ADSL connection on the 13th June. On 21st June Plusnet informed me that my connection was active. Truth is, it was not active and would not be so for another 40 days. I told them from the first moment, but it wasn't before dozens of emails, phone calls, contact us tickets and forum postings (as well as tens of hours of my time) that they finally acted to get BT to send an engineer to check my connection. (Did I mention I had to agree, once by phone and twice in writing, that I would pay the visit fee if the engineer found that the connection was fine? Did I mention that Plusnet took two payments of my monthly fee while I was telling them the connection wasn't working and notwithstanding their assurance that they would not take payment? Did I mention that, after I expressed my outrage at their lack of total professional ethics, Customer Support assured me they would refund me for the time I had paid for a non-working connection?)
>
> Going back to the story, the engineer came and it turned out the local exchange had not yet been setup for my connection. The engineer worked on the exchange together with a colleague and had my connection up in a couple of hours. On July 30, I was finally able to use my connection and asked for a refund from Plusnet.
>
> A few days ago, Plusnet Customer Support told me they had only been offered 15 days of compensation by BT and could not offer me more. I replied that couldn't be right and that BT was none of my concern. They said that was their last offer, remarking that they had "been able to offer [me] some compensation, albeit not as much as would like". (Did I mention Plusnet treat their customer as whiny babies to be pleased if possible but never fully to their expectations?)
>
> To sum up my experience with Plusnet so far: they do not stand by their word, do not care about their clients, cover their mistakes blaming somebody or something else and, most important of all, take their clients' money and run. (Did I mention I am not going to let them do that this time?)
>
> Regards.

--
Those who can teach.
Those who can't still teach!
N/A

RE: Why do Plusnet lie and steal our money?

Dante Leone, it seems you have been abused like a shoe.