cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I see my port 80 from the internet?

N/A

Hi everyone

I have a 3com wireless 11g router, working fine, no problems.

I've connected a Axis 205 webcam, and opened port 80 through the firewall, but I cant see it from the www.

http://84.92.60.72:80

I can see this from my home network, so the port is open. I tried routing it through port 1080 and that also worked, but have now gone to default http port for diags.

Does plus.net also block this port by default, and I have to ask for it to be unblocked? Is my static IP address viewable from the WWW or only from with the plus.net broadband community?

TIA
Graham
4 REPLIES
painswck
Grafter

Hi Graham,

Can see it fine. Are you trying to use the same address from within your network - this does not ususally work. If you do want to test from inside then try connecting via an external proxy, that was what I had to do when testing a webserver.

Roland
N/A

Hi Roland

I can also see it fine from either the internal 192.168.1.10 address or the external address, from home.

But I've emailed the link to friends on NTL, also to friends in the USA, and they cant get to it. Connection just times out.

I went to grc.com and tested my connection (shieldsup) and it doesnt show port 80 as open.

Puzzling?

G
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

well its working for me, current view is a fish eye view of 2 cars in a drive way.

edit: note they have to use the IP as if they use the rDNS IP that routes to your web space not your router.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Newbie mistake.

I'd not set the ADSL router ilde timeout to 0, so the router was disconnecting, then reconnecting for 5 mins every hour. D'oh!

Also, the port I'd chosen wasn't visible at work cos they'd not allowed access to that port through the firewall. Double D'oh!

So, all sorted now. Back on port 80, and its up 24/7

Thanks for the advise again.

Graham