cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why O Why did I pick the red pill (ADSL)?

N/A

Why O Why did I pick the red pill (ADSL)?

Direction Actual Speed True Speed
Downstream 333 Kbps (41.6 KB/sec) 382 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 200 Kbps (25.0 KB/sec) 229 Kbps (inc. overheads)

With all these outages and downtime, I should forget the fact that i've bought all the ADSL equipment and setup in excess of £150 and switch over to NTL Cable now for no extra cost (no installation fees till Dec. and Cable modem is part of sub.) apart from the £24.99 p/m sub. for 600kbps that "just works"!
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Why O Why did I pick the red pill (ADSL)?

I know 2 friends that are using 128k and 600k cable respectively and have had zero problems.

ADSL has just stopped working without warning at times; packet loss; downtime; you name it, ADSL has had it.

As far as I know, Cable is as reliable as your normal telephone that works 24/7/365. ADSL is a juggling act with the ISP and BT and the end user.
N/A

Yah, its okay if you live in a cable area. Don't know why you would choose ADSL in the first place..

> I know 2 friends that are using 128k and 600k cable respectively and have had zero problems.
>
> ADSL has just stopped working without warning at times; packet loss; downtime; you name it, ADSL has had it.
>
> As far as I know, Cable is as reliable as your normal telephone that works 24/7/365. ADSL is a juggling act with the ISP and BT and the end user.

N/A

> Yah, its okay if you live in a cable area. Don't know why you would choose ADSL in the first place..
>

Because back in April when +net dropped the price of ADSL to £22.99, NTL claimed I have to already have their tv/phone package before paying their £24.99 for broadband which i didn't want.

It just so happens that it's only recently they say you can just have NTL broadband ONLY without any other NTL packages.

It would not cost me anymore than a change in subscription to get Cable at the moment with their free installation till Dec. The question is, do really want to make the change considering I've already bought ADSL equipment and paid for activation totally around £150.
N/A

Also you might not be able to get out of the contract.

> > Yah, its okay if you live in a cable area. Don't know why you would choose ADSL in the first place..
> >
>
> Because back in April when +net dropped the price of ADSL to £22.99, NTL claimed I have to already have their tv/phone package before paying their £24.99 for broadband which i didn't want.
>
> It just so happens that it's only recently they say you can just have NTL broadband ONLY without any other NTL packages.
>
> It would not cost me anymore than a change in subscription to get Cable at the moment with their free installation till Dec. The question is, do really want to make the change considering I've already bought ADSL equipment and paid for activation totally around £150.