cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I am not getting 2mb??

N/A

I am a recent sign up, I wanted the 2mb for £14.99. However, I seem to still be on 1mb? I am on the Biddulph exchange in north staffs, anyone know what the problem isHuh Please
6 REPLIES
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Have you migrated in from another ISP or is this your first ADSL connection?
Community Veteran

If you have a router, does it show your line stats (line attenuation and SNR). If so post them here. Also what speed does your modem/router say it is syncing at?

If you migrated in then you migrate in at the same speed you were on at your old ISP and at some point between now and Nov/Dec you will get the free speed upgrade done by BT.
N/A

Nov / Dec ????

How come this date keeps moving ?Huh
N/A

The date keeps moving because BT are unable to meet the schedule they published. The entire situation is controlled by them and they cant cope with upgrades and the level of faults.

But we'll get there, eventually.
Community Veteran

How come this date keeps moving ?Huh
The reason the dates are different is because they are for a different set of free speed upgrades.

In April, PlusNet submitted an order to BT to have all their current customers (i.e. those they had in April) speed upgraded. This work was planned to be finished by July but it is likely to be Sept/Oct time due to BT not coping with demand causing the dates to slip). For new customers that joined PlusNet since April, PlusNet have to submit another order to have them speed upgraded and this will happen at a different time i.e. after the first batch of speed upgrades are completed or nearly completed. These are likely to be completed by Nov/Dec and possibly later.

All dates are still subject to change by BT but what I have said is the best guess so far. Also what speed you actually get is still dependent on your line stats.
N/A

upgrade

i should get a fairly good speed as im close to the exchange, it just frustrates me that someone i recomended 10 months ago has already been upgraded 2 months ago to 2mb ..

im a battlefield 2 gamer so " I want more Bandwidth ! "