cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoa!!

N/A

Whoa!!

Well, finally on-line, after 21 days, and all I can say is that it is MORE THAN worth the wait. Be patient people [pot calling the kettle black?!], you really are in for a treat. Thanks to the support guys who finally gave, and committed to a definitive level of service. You kept your promise guys, and for that I am grateful. I will definitely recommend you for ADSL if keep up the new 'improved' level of customer service.

Well done, and look forward to lots of bandwidth - just keep monitoring those pipes... Smiley
Here's to my next referral!

But is 576kbps enough me thinks... Wink

1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Whoa!!

> Well, finally on-line, after 21 days, and all I can say is that it is MORE THAN worth the wait. Be patient people [pot calling the kettle black?!], you really are in for a treat. Thanks to the support guys who finally gave, and committed to a definitive level of service. You kept your promise guys, and for that I am grateful. I will definitely recommend you for ADSL if keep up the new 'improved' level of customer service.
>
> Well done, and look forward to lots of bandwidth - just keep monitoring those pipes... Smiley
> Here's to my next referral!
>
> But is 576kbps enough me thinks... Wink
>
>

This is just what I want to hear!

I have just (10 minutes ago) signed up for home self-install with PlusNet and my fingers are already crossed for a swift and trouble-free setup.

Here's hoping! And thanks for the reassuring words!