cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who’s the longest without a Broadband connection?

N/A

Perhaps we should start a league table of who has been the longest without a Broadband connection.
I am in my 8th day without a connection and who knows when I will be connected again? Based on the speed the Help & Support team are able to answer question; in my case anything from 3¾ hours to 31 hours between question and answer averaging at about 17¾ hours per question, at that rate it is unlikely I will be connect in the foreseeable future. I just hope that PlusNet will waive my next month payment as a gesture of good will – some hopes!
Come on PlusNet you have got to do better, this situation is really quite unacceptable
Sad :x Evil
14 REPLIES
N/A

Who's the longest without a connection?

I signed up on 15th March, phoneline dead for a total of 27 yes 27 days. Every time we're connected to the ADSL block, phone goes dead. BT voice fault personnel will not speak to BT Wholesale to sort out the faulty ADSL block. BT blames my ISP, but Plusnet say it's BT's own equipment. Anyone got access to a person at Plusnet who can sort this out? Escaper.
N/A

Now that's a record hard to beat. I wonder whether changing ones ISP would solve the problem. I must look into that possibility. To get hold of someone at PluNet with any authority to get this type of problem sorted out fast and effectively is as rare as hens teeth! They take our money but when something goes wrong - forget it you just don't exist.
N/A

Re: Who's the longest without a connection?

Every time we're connected to the ADSL block, phone goes dead.

This sounds a bit like a touching pair somewhere along the line between yourself and the exchange. As such this is a problem that will travel with you to a new ISP and needs action from BT to fix it.

I take it that you have checked to ensure that all phones and devices (including Sky boxes, fax machines, alarms) on your line are correctly filtered and that you have tried connecting your modem directly to the test socket?

Have you tried a Quiet Line test? Connect a wired phone directly to the master socket through a filter and dial 17070 option 2. If you can hear ANYTHING in the quiet period then this is a fault. Change the filter and try again. If you can still hear static, hissing, buzzing, beeps or other people's conversation then you need to raise this as a voice fault with BT by dialling 150. If you do need to raise a fault don't mention broadband problems as BT will immediately refer it to Openreach to investigate without fixing the problem, adding to the delays you've already experienced.

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Fixed BBCode Tags Wink
N/A

Thanks so much for the useful information. I haven't got any other devices connected to the phone system and have checked the filters. I tested my line and alas it was as quiet as a church mouse! Can’t point the finger at BT in this instance. I take note of your comments with respect to changing ISP’s I’ll stick with PlusNet just for now. Smiley
ColH
Grafter

Well I'm on my second day. After BT visited my exchange to do something about an intermittent problem that only occured on connection establishment about 1 time in 10 they've now broken it completely and, it seems just walked away! Sadly plusnet are not being particularly proactive. I wish they'd react with the speed that they did when my old credit card expired. Funny how money concentrates a company's mind and since they don't give refunds for the time you have no connection they have no real driver to resolve it. In fact I wonder if they actually make more when your not using BT's bandwidth. (Sorry plusnet but if you were a bit more communicative and responsive I wouldn't be feeling quite like this!)
Community Veteran

stangroom       8 days

escapers 27 days
chillypenguin 5 weeks

Sorry guys you are going to have to try harder, I lost broadband for 5 weeks last year.

I was horrible, I had to talk to the wife !!!!

Chilly
N/A

Haldaneclan – I know the feeling, my credit card expired a few weeks back and as quick as lightening PlusNet were on to me with their dire consequences should I fail to ensure they got their money.
Chilly - if nothing else you put a smile to my face, thanks. :lol:
ColH
Grafter

Did any of you guys push plusnet regarding a refund?
N/A

I had a loss of service some time ago, PN pushed out my billing date after I asked nicely. (This was before I was a moderator or PUG member)
Community Veteran

Did any of you guys push plusnet regarding a refund?

If the fault is clearly PlusNet's fault then they will see you allright. Smiley Which it was in my case.

But if the issue is caused by your BT phone line, or own equipment, then as they are not responsible for the fault you can not expect a refund.

The grey area comes comes in when the failure is their wholesale sub contractor's (BTw or Tscali) responsibility.

Chilly
N/A

Sorry I didn't make it clear, I have been without broadband for 9 (nine) weeks and counting. Lost use of phoneline for a total of 27 days.PN still taken my money by DD though.
I've done checks my end and ok, phone goes dead when we're connected to the ADSL block at the exchange.
I even phoned the exchange office by mobile when the phone went dead(it pings when they connect to ADSL)but no one answered. See what today brings!
N/A

It's now 11 (eleven) weeks no broadband. PN aren't even embarrassed about it, just blames BT. Still taking my money, they'll sort the money out when I'm connected! Ho hum!!
N/A

I’m into my 23rd day without broadband and I thought I was doing badly, but 11 weeks that is horrendous it must be the record so far; I sure don’t want to be the one to beat it!
AS in your case PlusNet are pointing the finger at BT who are sending an engineer round for the second time on Friday, god knows what he is expected to find as on his last visit the line, connections and router had a clean bill of health.
Can’t figure out why they can’t just set-up a new account for me to see what happens.
dod
Dabbler

17 days here, fair play I did get a free dial up number.