cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which service or remote video web cams

N/A

Where have the comparison tables gone? Is it just me or is there very little detail about each of the adsl accounts - only what is costs!?

I want to be able to set up remote webcam (live video) on a construction site. So which account would best suit, 512kb would be fine - NAT or NO NAT?

I'd need a static IP for the camera.
3 REPLIES
N/A

With a No-NAT account, do I get a single static IP address. Could I have the camera located on the internal network (192.168.0.1) and then have the router "forward" all web traffic to the camera?Huh
N/A

Yes.

Both NAT and no-NAT provide static IPs.

The differance, is that you get a block of IPs with no-NAT, rather than a single one.

This means that a machine inside your network, can be assigned directly with a public IP, rather than a private LAN IP.

You can use the no-NAT method, as you discribed, and forwarding the connection on the router to the desired internal IP.
N/A

NAT option would be fine

The NAT option would be fine, since your webcam software will be using a particular 'port'. With NAT you would set up your broadband router to route all requests off the internet for that particular port to an IP address of a PC.