cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which line?

N/A

Which line?

I have two phone lines but can't remember which line has been enabled with ADSL - I received notification that the service was up and running. What's the easy way to check which line has ADSL on it? (Sorry for dumb question!)
8 REPLIES
N/A

Which line?

One way would be to plug in a phone without a microfilter. You will probably hear a crackle on the line which is ADSL activated (though not definitley). Otherwise, plug the modem/router into the line and see if it works Smiley
N/A

Which line?

thanks, eurotrain, I'll try the crackling line test... I'd go for the "plug in the adsl modem" test but I'm having a few setup challenges and I thought I'd just start with the right phone line!
N/A

Which line?

Actually, just thinking, there's a link somewhere on bt.com (sorry, I can't seem to find it) where you can find recent work. If you register (it takes a few minutes, you just need some details from your phonebill) then you can see recent work on that line. It would show like ADSL activation.

Alternatively, ring BT Smiley
N/A

Which line?

You will only hear a crackling on the line, once you have connected the ADSL modem and it sync's, so that test is pretty usless.
Community Veteran

Which line?

You should be able to see it on the online bill thing on BT's website, it shows up on a paper based bill (I assume your not going to wait a whole month though.

Otherwise PlusNet could confirm the number for you if you ask via Link:Contact Us.

Chris
N/A

Which line?

You could optionaly visit [Removed]. It should tell you your line status.

Please try not to use it excessivly, otherwise, I will remove it very damned quick

EDIT: It would be damned silly for me to release anythign like this to the general public.

As such, I have removed the link (and moved over to a new system), it also now requires an authorisation code which provides limited access. Contact me via private message to request access.
N/A

Which line?

Actually, just thinking, there's a link somewhere on bt.com (sorry, I can't seem to find it) where you can find recent work.

http://www.bt.com/btcom-bin/btcom/customerservices/cust_ordertrack.jsp.

Tim
N/A

Which line

Thanks for all your help... acarr sorted me out with a line checking link... I'm a little wiser now... there's just a long way to go yet!