cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Router??

N/A

Which Router??

Hi all, I am getting ASDL 2Mbps and will be connected sometime next week if all goes well Cheesy

My problem is that I am not sure which router to buy? There will be myself and my two lads both online game players (UT Tact Ops/Quake3)

Must be fast (low ping time) and able to update server lists without problems. Port forwarding, built in firewall, and wireless would be nice, but not essential. We also use MSN messenger/Mirc. Any ideas on which router to purchase?

We have been looking at the Draytek Vigor 2600 and SAR715-PV?
Looking to spend no more than £200.

Any suggestions would be appreciated Smiley
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Which Router??

I use a D-Link DSL 504 which does all I need and has worked superbly since installation.
Fully recommend it.
Community Veteran

Which Router??

I fully recommend the one and only router that Argos're doing at the moment.. it's a Binatone one. I have a thread about it somewhere around here. Smiley

Thomas
N/A

Dunno about Draytek

I've got a Draytek 2600 router and it don't seem to work with Plusne! PCI cards work fine (Zoom PCI) but the 2600 don't wanna know - can't connect.
N/A

Which Router??

If you want to have wireless, the 715PV-W is quite good too. Mine has been very reliable since I got it at the beginning of April. Since it uses a PCMCIA card the wireless isn't as pokey as some of the ones with external antennas - if that is likely to be an issue, may be better to get the PV and a separate access point?

Geoff
N/A

Which Router??

Thanks for the replys everyone much appreciated Smiley I was concerned that I would buy a router and then find it has problems and be stuck with it. Sad My two lads are game players (Counter Strike/Quake 3/Unreal Tournament) They would string me up lol. I use messenger and Mirc plus I like to have something that is future-proof...... that's if you can with a router?

Thanks again Jimmy