Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Phone Socket?

Stef
Grafter

Which Phone Socket?

OK,

1/ BT&Plusnet say ADSL working OK - Yipee!

2/ Now going to purchase Microfiters & Router - Most probably DG814 - Though I might buy a DG824M but I am worried about wasting money coz I also use a TV-Sender in the house... - Thought Wi-Fi might be nice for the portable - Partner says she wants to surf in the Garden !

Which socket should I connect Router to? Downstairs 'master' socket in the hall? or upstairs in 'the office' - Does it matter?

Thanks, Stef
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Which Phone Socket?

Not really, but if you have any problems with the setup you should connect it to your master socket for testing purposes.

Chris
N/A

Which Phone Socket?

I hope I am not being too intrusive when I ask why your partner would want to be able to surf in the garden - specially this time of year :lol: :lol:
Stef
Grafter

Which Phone Socket?

hope I am not being too intrusive when I ask why your partner would want to be able to surf in the garden - specially this time of year

BLUSH Shockedops:

Cool
C100
Grafter

Which Phone Socket?

Buy the DG824M
It will not interfere with your video sender as you can change the WiFi channels to suit.
Also make sure you download and install the Firmware patches from the Netgear website as these will make the WiFi a bit more stable.
Stef
Grafter

Which Phone Socket?

Thanks but I have JUST ordered an 814 and some cheap DABS microfilters. I have worked out where I am going to put the router and where I am going to run the cables. I also figure that with the 814 (at home) I can learn about NAT and then move on to something more sophisticated for office use - Say the IX66.

ps For garden use I am going to keep a roll of Cat5e behind the sofa! Wink

pps Does anybody know of anybody who will make you up unshielded cables to specified lengths?

Moderators note (John) Quote removed as was an unecessary repitition of the preceeding thread