cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which DNS Server's should i be using + Configuring!

N/A

Whats the two dns servers i should be using? Im currently using 212.159.6.9 and 212.159.6.10 but these are not the ones on the connection page!

In another topic someone listed four, the two im using above and two from the connections page. Whats the diff?

Also, Should i set the two servers in my router? On my Dlink i think this is under 'DNS' then 'Use user discovered dns only' and put both in the boxes.

Then in my LAN connection, TCP ip properties - Set primary dns to router ip (192.168.1.1) and seccondary blank.

This correct?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Those servers are correct, there are also 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50 Theres no difference but it does give you the ability to use alternate servers in the event of a problem.

If your router permits the manual configuration of DNS servers then you could add all four with one primary and the rest alternative. Otherwise use auto discovery.

Its probably best to allow your router to assign ip's and dns automatically to your network by selecting obtain IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically within you network properties.

Are you experiencing dns issues or just setting up your router?
N/A

Just fiddling about and setting up things.

Cheesy
Community Veteran

Unless you have a DNS problem or your router/modem has problems forwarding on DNS requests you should leave the DNS settings as server assigned or automatic.

Each time you connect to PlusNet you will be assigned 2 out of the 4 DNS IP address given earlier - i.e. either 6.9/6.20 or 13.49/13.50