cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where I can get firmware update for BT Voyager 205 router

N/A

I was just wondering where I might be able to download the latest firmware for our voyager 205 router.

I found this link mentioned elsewhere on the forum, but the page is no longer available.

Searching around the BT voyager site seems to suggest that Plus net (who supplied me with the router when I signed up), might be able to providing the firmware update.

We have firmware 1.3(Z) and googling seems to suggest that there used to be 1.6 and 1.8 available?

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Patch

Moderators note by rogerloxton: turned URL into link to stop it stretching the screen Wink
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Looked everywhere but cannot find any other link than the one you gave which BT have taken down.

Your only hope is someone has the download and can email it to you. I doubt PN would have a copy but if no one else replies may be worth raising a ticket and asking.
mherbert
Grafter

Re: Where I can get firmware update for BT Voyager 205 route

The archive.org cache appears to work, including downloads

Linky

Version is showing as 1.8.

Hope that helps?

moderators note by rogerloxton: had to turn your URL into a link too as it was stretching the screen!
N/A

Thanks, that is really helpful. I'll have to remember that site in future!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

The 205 is in the archive of hardware, but I'm not sure which version of the drivers are available.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Hmmm, the file in the plus net archive just seems to be drivers (I guess for the usb connection).

I have managed to download the firmware upgrade from the web archive link, but when I try and uncompress the exe file I get an error message saying that the file is not a valid Win32 application.

I am using windows vista and have tried running it in compatability mode as administrator, but this has not made any difference.

Just wondered if anyone might be able to affer any help?

Thanks

Patch
mherbert
Grafter

Rename the file from TEImageV18.exe to TEImageV18.zip and decompress using WinZip or similar.

After extracting you'll see a file called TEImageV18.bin. This has to be loaded using your ADSL router/modem interface, see Step 7 onwards in the firmware update instructions.
N/A

Thanks, I never thought of doing that!

The file is now unzipped, and I am now about to apply it to the router.

Many thanks for all your help

Patch
mherbert
Grafter

Glad to be of help Smiley

As with all firmware updates, make a backup of the original firmware (if possible), note down current settings, and be careful.