cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will things improve

Fixes: 115

When will things improve

Today I looked at my usage - I am on Option 2.

It tells me that I am now on Level 1 restrictions till the end of this billing cycle! My crime, using only 12.58GB (57%) of my allowance.

They have calculated it as 66% - I think their abacus must be broken :roll:

I have opened a ticket to PN asking what is going on and to lift any restriction.

Apparently they will reply in over 6 hours by which time I would already have had over 4 hours restriction.

I am now just waiting for everyone else to leave PN in droves and, when I am the last one left I will have the fastest speed and no limits on bandwidth Smiley Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Anyone know what PN are up to?

I am now just waiting for everyone else to leave PN in droves and, when I am the last one left I will have the fastest speed and no limits on bandwidth Smiley Wink

No sorry you will have to share it with me :-)

When will things improve

The six hours passed with out so much as a peep from PN.

At 14:22 this afternoon I received an email headed: Peak-time usage- you have used 12.7GB this billing month]

The contents of the email go on to inform me:

Your peak-time usage for this billing month just exceeded 15GB.

Light restrictions will now apply to your connection speeds until the end
of the current billing month. We would have notified you when you reached
12GB to give you an opportunity to avoid these restrictions, however, you
had exceeded 15GB before our alert email was triggered.

So, the contents and the heading contradict themselves - great!!! Let's just confuse the customer into submission!!!

I never received an email at 12GB usage I simply knew what my usage was as I check it every day to ensure I do NOT go over these paltry limits set by PN.

My Peak-time usage is showing 12.75GB, just 0.17GB more than yesterday!.

Strange thing was that my Peak-time DL speed yesterday seemed very slow at times going as low as around 0.6Mbps with highs of 3.2Mbps but my UL was always around 370Kbps.

So, had I been restricted? Not sure. Will I be today? Not sure. Will I get a satisfactory response from PN before 4pm? Huh?

I have opened another ticket regarding this: Our target reply time:6 hours 34 minutes 12 seconds

I suppose it's just another case of the poor loyal customer being side-stepped to drag in new ones to replace all those that are leaving Sad

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

When will things improve

I received a reply at 2:59 regarding yesterday's ticket informing me that there is, indeed, a problem with my usage stats.

++INTERNAL++
Please remove level 1 restrictions from this customer's account as he has used 12.7GB this month but has been profiled as if he has used over 15. Have raised internal problem ID 32526

At 15:55 I received another email from PN - not via any ticket.

It's contents...

The same as the email I received at 14:22

Peak-time usage- you have used 12.7GB this billing month

So, that's how they lift restrictions, is it?

:roll: