cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will normal speed resume?

N/A

I have been maxed for a few weeks now and I have been enjoying a constant sync speed of 8128 and a line profile of 7125 (or similar). Today I noticed my router was downstream syncing at 129 kbps and a quick re-boot returned it to 8128. I managed to run a BT speedtest and got the following:

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 135 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 94 kbps

Yesterday I had Sky HD installed and for a brief 15 minutes plugged in the telephone connection to the Sky box. This was only done to authorise the box and the telephone connection is now back to its usual configuration. This may have reduced my sync speed on my router - this is all I can think of.

My question is : If there are problems for short periods of time that cause the router to sync at a lower speed, when can I expect the speed to return back to normal?

Cheers
John
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Should start moving up in 3 - 4 days but it may only go up in a series of steps from such a low value.
Of much more concern is the reason it resynched at such a low rate.
Assuming it was the Sky box causing it it was probably because you didn't connect it through a filter. This is essential
N/A

OK thanks. You are right, I forgot the filter intially and after a few seconds realised and put a filter in-line. This was probably what caused the router to sync lower.