cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will line be upgraded? It says from 5th June?

N/A

On that PDF listing the upgrade dates it says that the start month is 'from 5th June.' What does that exactly mean?
Will it be this month or could it go on forever?
What has been the typical timescale?

Also how will I know when my line has been upgraded? Will I get an email or something notifying me?

Thanks
26 REPLIES
Community Veteran

From means exactly that BT will be upgrading on that exchange from the 5th of june do technically it could go on forever.
Typical time scale don't know I am down from april but have not been done yet.
You should now recieve an e-mail from PN when you are about to be upgraded and when you have been done aside form that keep checking your sync speed.
Finally have a look at at http://cgi.mcm-communications.co.uk/excheck it is a system I have written to for users to enter their exchange etc and whether they have been upgraded or not then other users can search and see if it looks like their exchange has been upgraded or not.
N/A

Does it say 5th June or June 05 (as in 2005)?

I didnt think any of the exchange dates were as specific as that.
holdtight
Grafter

Your right Mark its definately June 05 - 2005 they are not that specific yet
and as BT are well behind (or dragging there feet) that could easily
turn into July 05 or even 06 as im seeing very little action in the bulk
upgrade department Wink
N/A

Ahh your probaly right. Thanks for all the replies. I think I may just pay the £15 and get the hassle out of the way though. Nice site though mate.
N/A

I didn't know when my exchange was getting upgraded, but now I have looked to complete the survey I find it says May 05. I had an email this week telling me I was being upgraded - and that has happened now. So that is about 6 weeks from the start date if that helps.
Cool
N/A

I was just upgraded ( today, I think). It's very nice to have a 2 MB line.

Be patient, y'all. Smiley
N/A

Could the last two posters either update no7oliver's exchange tool or post which exchanges they're on Wink
N/A

N/A

Just so I know I'm looking at the right thread, is this about the free upgrade to the highest speed (<= 2Mb) a line can deal with that was mentioned by PN some while back (with the aborted fair-use stuff)?

If so, do I have o do anything myself to get this to thappen? My local exchange says:

BES-ADSL-101 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in April 2005

Should I have seen something by now?
Community Veteran

No, BT are being BT - taking their time.
N/A

Is it just me or was there talk earlier of an upgrade to 8MBits by the end of the year?
Community Veteran

Indeed there was and I'm still getting mine! Cool

2005-04-23
09:12:20
You
Assigned : Thanks for your quick reply, does this mean that when 4-8mb speeds are available that I will be regraded ant no extra initial or monthly cost?

2005-04-23
13:23:03

Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr McGiff,
Yes, the regrades to 4MB or 8MB will be for free and you will be sent an email once we get an update from BT.
Regards,

wriggle out of that one pn! :lol:
N/A

As far as i am concerned +net advertised this far too soon, this was a ploy to atrac more customers and to keep a lot of the old ones from migrating. They must have known BT would never keep to any schedule, remember the upgrades were from April, has anyone acttually had a free upgrade?

Strange also that if you shell up yet another 15 quid the upgrade will be almost (cough) instant, my exchange (medway) has 2 dates May and July and there are 2 dslams, so far neither have been touched.

If the exchanges are ever upgraded for free don't expect anything untill the end of the year and by then +net will have yet another set of options to entice the punters.
Community Veteran

They must have known BT would never keep to any schedule

Why? BT gave this offer to more ISP's than plusnet. It is not plusnet's fault BT are unreliable, BT gave PN a good offer which PN accepted in good faith and pubisised this to their customers. I belive PN are pushing BT for an updated schedule if it was "a ploy to attract more customers" would PN be doing this?

has anyone acttually had a free upgrade?

Yes many people have had free upgrades unfortunatley this is a small minority of Plusnet's customers.