cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will 1mb activate?

N/A

When will 1mb activate?

Anyone got any ideas when the 1mb lines will be regraded? I know the 6th of Oct is advertised but anyone know at about what time I can expect to see my line upgraded please?

Also, will my router need to be powered off/on to pickup the change?

Ta
24 REPLIES
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

Funny that fpnweb, I was just thinking exactly the same thing!! Any idea on times Plusnet??

Cheers Cheesy

Alan
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

/me taps on the screen

Hellooooooo?

Cheesy
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

The answer to the question is probably going to be a "unknown".

You have to remember, while the system is a "Go Live" for every new or existing user of the ISPs signed up for the service, it is still a trial.

As such, the Trial, begins today.

No ISP has had the oportunity to test the system or use a 50:1 1mb line prior to today.

Timings will likely be pretty random until official times are announced as part of the official Go Live.
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

Im betting that the date to take payment wasn't 'unknown' Smiley

Guess we will just have to sit tight then.

Any idea of whether you would need to disconnect a router for it to pickup the new settings?
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

You shouldn't need to disconnect the router. It should pick them up on its own.

When BT make the move, your line will lose sync. It isn't until it resyncs that it knows the new connection speed.
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

Nice one.

Thanks
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

I have been told that the lead time for the regrade to Home 1Mb is 5 - 7 working days.

Tim
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

i believe this is only when you change from 50:1 to 20:1 contention. because the new trial is also 50:1 the downtime should be a mere matter or minutes instead of days.
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

Yes, the downtime is a matter of minutes, but I was referring to the lead time for the order to be dealt with by BT.

Tim
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

So have the upgrade orders been submitted to BT yet? Strange that there's been no communication from PlusNet today.
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

According to Ian Wild's post at http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=912644, the orders were being submitted today, but there has been no update to my ticket yet.

Tim
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

You have to remember, there will have been a flood of orders today from all ISPs.

Again, this is still a trial, so some manual work will likely be needed, even on many of the automated requests.

There is little you can do but wait it out. During trials, everything is subject to change very quickly.
Couger
Grafter

When will 1mb activate?

Hi

Can anyone from PLUSNET confirm what is going on its now been 24 hours since a post was made in this thread and yet still no updates on the situation

Thanks Sven
N/A

When will 1mb activate?

I got an update on my ticket last night telling me that my account will be regraded on the 14th (Next Tuesday).

Im guessing they will just work through the list.