cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are we gonna get 8mb?

N/A

I'm really hoping that in the near future we will get an 8mb service as 2mb is kinda slow... Sad
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

you will get 8mb when BTw get their finger out their **** and do some work for once! either that or when PN/Easynet LLU your exchange! Good Luck!
Community Veteran

BT's full rollout of the >2Mbs service is planned for April 2006.

Extended customer trials have just started on a select number of exchanges and this number should increase as we get closer to April.

Even so, 4 & 8Mbs speeds will not be available to everyone as it is still affected by your line conditions, just like for 2Mbs and lower, so don't get you hopes up.

Also see my more detailed answer to this Q here.
N/A

honestly i dont know why they are doing maxDSL when they could be working on updating the copper lines over the uk to allow faster internet for all, not just for those within 10cm of an exchange
coldbus

8mb ?
I'd be happy just to get 2mb - 512k is getting frustrating especially when our account has been 'upgraded' to a 2mb business premier account !
I zip along at home on 2mb and then come into work to have users starting to complain to me that the net seems to be getting slower !! Cry
N/A

When or if i am upgraded to 8mb will i need to change my modem? Sagem 800 E2T.
Cos2005
Dabbler

When or if i am upgraded to 8mb will i need to change my modem? Sagem 800 E2T.

Dont think so, arent most modems capable of up to 8mb?

Im looking forward to getting 8mb connection, but my 2mb connection has been perfect with my PC and Xbox 360 so far! Cool