cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Are Plusnet Going To Fix The Upload Speed?

N/A

When Are Plusnet Going To Fix The Upload Speed?

1) I dont want to hear standard pap management excuses.

2) It has been one fiasco after another on ADSL, over the last 6 months and I also dont want to hear the "its new technology pap" or "we blame BT"

3) Do i have the right to take my business elswhere due to these continuous problems without incurring a finacial hit because I mistakenly trusted Plusnet to provide a stable product and took out an annual contract.

4) To put it in a nutshell I want out, Ive had enough and a lot of other people on Plusnet I suspect are in the same boat judging by the posts.

5) The lack of information/announcements regarding this problem doesnt help either.

This is not aimed at Customer Support(the good guys) but Plusnet as a company which is now beginning to remind me of Plusnet of old, making me wish i had never come back.

Ali (extremely narked) Neil
11 REPLIES
rikmoncur
Grafter

RE: When Are Plusnet Going To Fix The Upload Speed?

there is a message on adslguide.org that an announcement is to be made on monday and something might be done on tuesday. they say they're busy training new staff just now. dunno why they can't post the message here or on their server status page?
N/A

Thanks Rik for that info, it was news to me.
And yes its odd that they dont actually tell their own users on the +Net portal.
I raised a contact to try and get some info on the problem.

Ali
N/A

This makes me angry.

Posting something on adslguide but not to us, this is of course just so people know outside that they are fixing it, to make them look ok and get new customers, i just woke up, so the above is not the best but i dont care, you get the idea.
N/A

I don't know if the following affects upload speeds but ADSL guide is giving info on changing MTU settings ( apparently BT recommend 145Cool.

I amended my MTU to 1458 and RWIN to 14180 and am getting consistent readings on ADSL speed checker as follows :-

Downstream 470
Upstream 237

a number of people who have been having consistently bad download problems have changed settings and are reporting significant improvements.

Remember to do a full reboot to allow settings to take effect - initially I just did a restart and nothing changed.

Check out the plus net forum on ADSL for the full story and further testimonies.

Steve
N/A

Yep it doesnt do much for me either, since i have now reached an all time low of 6kbps upstream making any kind of gaming impossible.

Hell i hardly even registered on adslguides little speed graph the mark was so tiny if this is a joke then im not laughing.

Ali

N/A

I will try that Steve, thanks

Ali
N/A

Hey Steve

It worked upstream shot from 6kbps to 237kbps so why the sudden change of settings.

I use TCPOptimizer and originaly had it set to optimal for DSL which has been fine for the last 6 months therefore BT or Plusnet have changed something?

Ali
N/A

No Idea - I started with ADSL about two weeks ago and had good response times initially. Using the new settings all appears to have become well again. The man at ADSL says that BT posted the info re MTU 1458 but that ISPs don't seem to be passing on the info to users. I may be wrong there - but I thought that something which appears to have such a radical effect would be posted on the support page for all to see.

Steve
N/A

Steve could you post that fix in this forum under a new topic to let others know as not everyone visits adslguide.org, I would post it myself but dont want to steal your thunder Smiley

It really is amazing the difference!

Thanks again Ali
N/A

> I don't know if the following affects upload speeds but ADSL guide is giving info on changing MTU settings ( apparently BT recommend 145Cool.
>
> I amended my MTU to 1458 and RWIN to 14180 and am getting consistent readings on ADSL speed checker as follows :-
>
> Downstream 470
> Upstream 237
>
> a number of people who have been having consistently bad download problems have changed settings and are reporting significant improvements.
>
> Remember to do a full reboot to allow settings to take effect - initially I just did a restart and nothing changed.
>
> Check out the plus net forum on ADSL for the full story and further testimonies.
>
> Steve

I tried it, if anything it made my connextion even worse.
N/A

what you mean change mtu to ....
how do i do that ?