cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the story with P2P speeds?

N/A

Hi,

I'm new here and I was wondering if I could get some help.

I'm a new PN customer currently on BB+. I dont have any problems with my connection and PN is certainly better than my last ISP. I consider myself a light user (mostly surfing and e-mails), but I do enjoy downloading a few songs (approximately 20 a month) from P2P sites like Limewire.

Now I do understand that Premier customers have better downloading speeds, but surely BB+ customers should have anything better than 10KB/sec while sharing mp.3s! :shock:

Is there anything I can do to get a better speed than that :?:
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes, upgrade to premier, and I'm serious.

BB+ is not designed for P2P activity as explained in the product description. The speed you are getting is what you get on BB+ at the moment. This may improve once all the heavy downloaders are restricted but then again it may not.

BB+ is a budget product with restrictions to keep the pricve down. One of those restrictions is P2P & usenet speeds.

If you can't cope with the slow speeds then your only choices are upgrade or look for an alternative provider.
N/A

Ok.

Fare enough. Its is a low price to pay for basic broadband. I am considering of upgrading to Premier, but apart from the extra monthly cost, is there any upgrade costs involved?
Community Veteran

no.